Change the timeout on the web interface?

I currently have my 7 home cameras running on iSpy, but I’ve recently moved one of them to the free version Netcam Studio to try it out. I’m pretty sure I will be moving over completely to Netcam when my iSpy license expires soon, as I’m really liking how well it works. I really prefer having the server running locally rather than relying on someone else.

I realize I can install the actual NS client on any of my computers, but I frequently like to just pull up the web interface. However, it seems like I log in and look for a minute, turn my head, and when I look back I have to log back in again.

I know it’s a trivial thing, but is there a way to set the timeout on the web interface? I’ve looked through the options and didn’t see anything. I wouldn’t care if it was buried in a config file somewhere.

1 Like

Hello,

No there is no way to adjust the length of the sessions (at least now). As long as there is a stream / image on screen it will keep your session alive but yes if you are on another screen like the library, after 1-2 minutes without activity then your token / session will expire and you’ll have to login again. So the timeout is not in the web interface itself, this is how Netcam Studio works for dealing with authentication and sessions.

If you have saved your password in the browser it means, refreshing the page and pressing login so it’s a 2-click operations.

The duration of session are aligned with what you can see in the connected users screen, as long as the user is there it means that he has a valid token.

Of course we could make this a setting but since we never had the request before it seemed that the duration of our sessions were ok.

Anyway, we’d really enjoy to see you switching to Netcam Studio for good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, and thanks for the quick response. I also saw the other similar question you tagged, and appreciate you considering adding this in the future. As I said, it’s really not a big deal, but more of a convenience.