DS-HD781RHSP-MIP How to grab a JPG image?

We have the above model installed at a mountaintop site in Breckenridge, Colorado. We wish to show a ‘live’ image on our site’s webpage but haven’t figured how to grab an image to display, whether a current or recent JPG or a stream. The web interface to Netcam Studio seems limited to watching a stream that requires ActiveX. Apparently I can configure NCS to email or FTP an image but can I (simply) fetch a current image?

…Neil

Hi Neil,
Since you have a webpage I suggest that you embed HTML code for a streaming video from NCS into that webpage.
Here is a link to another posting how to do this Access without user/pass - #2 by Henrik
Change IP number and port for your situation.
If you need to limit the stream speed you can do that when setting up the user account.
Hope this helps.
-Henrik

Thanks for the hints but our options seem limited because the mountain top site’s laptop is running Windows Vista and NCS Server specifies Windows 7 or later. (Our site is a bit tough to visit right now because of snow and cold temps. Thus we avoid ‘just trying it’ when it comes to remotely loading software that might not run properly.)

I came into this project a bit late but the ‘browser’ access we have currently doesn’t reveal much about itself other than “IP CAMERA” and the availability of pan and zoom controls. Although it can record to an SD card and send images by FTP and email, we haven’t discovered a JPG or other image that can be ‘fetched’.

Thanks.

…Neil

Ok, I thought that NCS was already installed on the mountain computer.
I cannot find any info about the camera, but it must be possible to store images on the computer, usually in jpeg. Install an FTP server on the computer. Then you can fetch these images from another computer automatically and publish on the webpage.

Clever. Thanks.

As you figured out, it isn’t really NCS that’s running. And i expect that IIS (which includes FTP) isn’t there either. I’ll still investigate possible FTP options. Thanks again.

…Neil