Graphical problems, crash

Hi,

firstly I have question - what is better? RTSP TCP | UDP | HTTP?
I understand what TCP/UDP/HTTP is but I’m not sure what is best (most stable in netcamstuio) for my cam.

Now about my problem :slight_smile:
I have graphical problems with INTERNET - UNBUFFERED encoding…
It starts as:

So I installed 1.3.2 - switched to BUFFERED and got crash. I think I saw blurred lower part of image, but I’m not sure. So I switched back to VLC :). CPU usage is about 10-20% all the time. RAM about 50%.

Aplikace: NetcamStudio.Service.exe
Verze Framework: v4.0.30319
Popis: Proces byl ukončen z důvodu neošetřené výjimky.
Informace o výjimce: System.AccessViolationException
   na <Module>.sws_scale(CGKWwWcemdKx98DouQrf5lU.EyP8WmB8Re*, Byte**, Int32*, Int32, Int32, Byte**, Int32*)
   na Moonware.FFMPEG.RTSPReader.RTSPReader.DecodeVideoFrame(System.Drawing.Bitmap)
   na Moonware.FFMPEG.RTSPSource.RTSPSource.FC52ZF0iXcMQK()
   na System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   na System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   na System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   na System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Název chybující aplikace: NetcamStudio.Service.exe, verze: 1.3.2.0, časové razítko: 0x56ce27fa
Název chybujícího modulu: swscale-3.dll, verze: 3.1.101.0, časové razítko: 0xab40ab08
Kód výjimky: 0xc0000005
Posun chyby: 0x0000000000049f8f
ID chybujícího procesu: 0x7b4
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01d1922f3ab478f8
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio - 64-bit\NetcamStudio.Service.exe
Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio - 64-bit\swscale-3.dll
ID zprávy: 61d1551e-fe3f-11e5-8bca-e06995349079

What is the camera, can you share the stream so that we can give it a try remotely ?

Actually, it won’t make any difference of chosing RTSP TCP, UDP or HTTP apart maybe some won’t work because you should chose the one that corresponds to the type of stream your camera offers. In most cases it will be TCP excepted some Foscam that are using HTTP.

Usually if the port is 554 then it’s TCP and if it’s port 80 or 88 it’s HTTP but at the end if it accepts to connect won’t make a difference.

In VLC mode or in VLC directly it never crashes ? It only happens in BUFFERED/UNBUFFERED modes ?

Anyway if there are such artefacts and ghost images, usually it’s either because:

• Asks too much resources to your computer for being able to decode the stream
  • The connection to the camera is really bad and some packets are lost on the way (if it’s a wifi cam maybe check how it goes by wiring the camera)

Also check on camera side what kind of settings you have related to the video stream. Can you try to see if you can modify either resolution or the compression rate / bandwidth, just to see the impact on ghost images and eventually on why it’s crashing.

In VLC, also no ghost images or graphical issues ?

Camera is cheap IPC1100HA (using HI3518) UTP connected.
UDP/TCP/HTTP works with url: rtsp://ip:8554/live0.264 but I prefer TCP (can handle lost packets).

I think VLC mode is stable and without artefacts. VLC directly works well too.

Testing is not easy because problems can start after few hours / days or weeks.
I’ll add second stream with UDP and I’ll try every encoding method. Then I post my results…

Hi,

I restarted ncs (64-bit) service before every test. Every test is 2x stream (1280x720 3072 Kbps), no recording, CPU < 10%, RAM < 40%, 0% of lost packets.

1. BUFFERED - got problems after few minutes. TPC & UDP
  2. NONBUFFERED - got problems after few minutes. TPC & UDP
  3. VLC - no problem after few hours. TCP & UDP

LOGS - TCP source (BUFFERED & NONBUFFERED) loged:
Connection with rtsp://ip:8554/live0.264 has been lost. Will try to reconnect in 500ms…
Stream Event received [DeviceLost]

In VLC mode I also got message (only first one - connection has been lost), but for both TCP & UDP streams. But it has no impact on image quality!

If you are interested in images, I can send you them by email / private message.
I’ll test different resolutions & bitrates, but it can take more time…

The only things that could really help is having remote access to your camera over internet, without this it’s really complicated to understand where it may come from…