Help to connect new DB Power IP Camera on existing LAN with 6 cameras - solved

I have 6 existing Foscam IP Cameras set up on Netcam Studio and working with no problems. Some of these are wired via LAN cable and some are wireless.
I have just purchased a DB Power IPCAMERA X Series and I am trying to add this camera to my Netcam Studio console but without success. I have set up the DB Power camera exactly the same way as the others. I can access the DB Power camera via a browser when it is both wired via the LAN and also wirelessly.
When I use the Netcam Studio Wizard and click the ‘Browse’ button, the DB Power camera is listed. If I point(select) the DB Power camera IP address and click the green tick the Wizard fills in the IP address and RTSP (554). From the Camera Make I select DB Power and camera model - IPCamera. I enter the correct Port number and the Authentication Username and Password. When I click ‘Test’ I get the error message “Video failed: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found”.

I have tried everything I know to try and get the camera connected without success.

I am using Netcam Studio Server/Client (x64) v1.3.6.8 and have a Licence for up to 16 Cameras.

Any help appreciated please.

Hi Geoff!
I do not see that your camera DB Power IPCAMERA X Series is listed under the Network camera tab so that is probably why you will not get a connection. There are so many ip cameras on the market and the URL to the cameras are very different also within the same brand. Since it is not listed you have to connect to the camera either using the tab ONVIF Source if the camera is ONVIF compliant or via Custom URL where you must know the enact URL, rtsp://xxx to connect.
Start the easy way and see if the camera is onvif compliant. They usually tell that in the information of the cam. You can also test to search for the cam under the onvif tab. If that do not work please give me the enact name and model of the cam and also a link to the cam.
Maybe the following will work. Go to the tab Custom URL. Set Stream type to rtsp_tcp. Use the following URL:
rtsp://username:password@ipnumbertocam:554/live/ch0

If it works, please report back the exact model name so that the next user can find it here on the forum.

Good luck!
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Firstly, the DB Power Camera is listed in the drop down list of cameras when you go to the ‘Network Camera’ tab !!! Nevertheless, if I set the camera to DB Power and then click the search button, you can see the camera listed as 192.168.1.51 . If I select this from the list (arrow next to it) and click the green tick, and then add the remaining info ie. Username and Password, click Test Connection, after some seconds it comes back with the Error message “Remote server returned an error message, (404) Not found”.
The camera is ONVIF compatible and I tried your suggestion. Went to ONVIF tab, clicked on the search button, camera listed (192.168.1.51), selected it, and then added Username and Password and clicked on ‘Connect’. Nothing happed !!, Clicked on ‘Save’ and nothing !!! The white square background with Netcam Studio logo at top said ‘Error in camera downloader’ and underneath ‘Parameter not valid’.

I then tried your suggestion and went to the Custom URL tab and entered rtsp://username,password@ipnumbertocam:554/live/ch0 and Stream Type ‘RTSP_TCP’. Clicked save and nothing !!!

Any further suggestions? I can’t understand why I can see the camera from the Search but it won’t connect via any approaches !!!???

Thanks & regards
Geoff

Henrik,

Just to clarify, I did replace the ‘Username’, ‘Password’ and ’ ipnmbertocam’ with the actual figures !!!

Regards
Geoff

Geoff;
When you do the search it just indicates that there is a camera that comply with onvif. Nothing more.
When you search and select the onvif cam on 192.168.1.151 and enter username/password and click on connect and nothing happens it tells me that username/password is not correct.
In the drop down I have these 2 cams.

Which one is DB Power IPCAMERA X ?
It would help if you can provide the full name and model of the camera and a link to the camera so I can see what it is. I need more info to continue with this.
Can you give me full access to the cam using Teamviewer?

One way to test this is to use VLC player. Start VLC and go to Connect network stream. Fill in
rtsp://192.168.1.151:554/live/ch0

Enter and you should be promoted for username/password.
If it not works test with port number 10554 instead. I have noticed the sometimes onvif cams use that. If that do not work it must be ch0 that is not correct. But that is why we use the onvif to solve that.
Have you changed username and password from the default ones? If you have try with the default ones also.
-Henrik

Hi Henrik
Thanks for further suggestions. I will investigate further and give you an update with specific info tomorrow.

Regards
Geoff

You can also download ONVIF Device Manager. Install and open and the cam should be there or open it manually. There you will find the info how to connect using rtsp; the port and if /ch0 is correct or not. Check also in the camera configuration that onvif is enabled. There you should also see the rtsp port to use.
-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks again for additional help.

OK, I will try and provide you with the information in response to your specific suggestions and hopefully you may be able to draw some conclusions !!

The DB Power Camera is the IP Camera and NOT the VA038K-720p. I have used the ONVIF Device Manager and the camera is recognised and under ‘Information’ it states that the Camera Manufaturer is SmartEye and Model 625GB. It is ONVIF version 2.50 compatible and is HD.264. It shows that the URL is http://192.168.1.51:8004/onvif/device_service

If I click on ‘Network’ in the ONVIF Device Manager it shows DHCP disabled, but it shows the IP Adress as: 255.255.255.255 and the subnet Mask as 255.255.255.255. The ‘Host’, ‘DNS’ and ‘NTP’ show as ‘Manual’ and the HTTP Port/HTTP Ports/RTSP Port all as ‘Disable’. I find this strange as I have accessed the camera directly and set the IP address as 192.168.1.51, the subnet as 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway as 192.168.1.1 and the Port I am suing is 8004.

I have connected to the Stream via VLC player successfully using rtsp://192.168.1.51:554/live/ch0 as you suggested.I entered the Username and Password that I set the camera up with. (I changed the default Username of Admin and Password of 123456 to my personal Logins.) I have tried logging into the camera via Netcam Studio using the default Username and Password and it returns error; Unauthorised which is different from the error: 404 not found that I get when I use the correct Logins.

In the ONVIF Device Manager, I cannot see any other information that might be useful. I can connect to the Video stream via the ONVIF Device Manager. There are 3 Profiles as the camera appears to have 3 levels of resolution. If I click on the ‘Profile’ tab for each there is further information about the video source etc. but I am not sure what these mean or whether they are helpful.

In the camera itself, I have the ONVIF enabled and the RTSP is also enabled with the port 554.

I am happy to send you any links as long as my personal information and security are not compromised. I do not know how to use Teamviewer?

I hope the above helps you to help me !!! If you need any further info, please let me know. As I say above, please let me know how I can send you the links that you would like and I will do that.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions so far.

Best regards
Geoff

Henrik,

Just in addition, I have another FOSCAM FI9821W, H.264 ONVIF compatible camera, which is set up on my LAN via WiFi and I have set this camera up with no problems. In the ONVIF Device Manager, this FOSCAM camera is showing under ‘Network’ all the correct IP address, Subnet, Default Gateway and Port as I have set up in the camera !!!??? I have 5 other Foscam cameras (Non ONVIF) set up and working fine also.

I am starting tosuspect that there may be something wrong with the camera firmware. Could that be a possibility do you think? I will maybe do a Factory hard reset and also see if I can find any Firmware upgrades for this camera.

Regards
Geoff

Hi!
Mysterious things … Thanks for all the info!
When it works fine in VLC with rtsp://192.168.1.51:554/live/ch0 I am happy, because then it should work in NCS. It seems to be problem when user/pwd is sent. I don´t think it is a firmware problem since it works with VLC.
In the onvif manager there is one interesting info, see picture below

There you have the rtsp://xxx for the cam. There you see my rtsp and for your cam it should be the one you are using with VLC.

Add the cam using the tab Custom URL. Make sure that all fields (ip number, username, pwd) is empty in the tab for Network Cam and in the onvif tab. Enter the URL and rtsp_tcp. That MUST work ! ;).
Some other things: Do you use “strange” character in the pwd like # % @ … That was a problem long time ago, but not now…
Also, in the configuration of the cam. For the video encoding h.264 there might be 3 alternatives; basic,“middle” or “high” or something like that. I know from other cams that this have been an issue. Set it to basic.

Do also a reset of the cam. Check always with VLC that it works.

Now, I am out of ideas ;).

For me to get access to the cam you need to forward necessary ports in you router so I can reach the cam. Port 554 and 80 must directs to your cam since I need 554 for the rtsp and port 80 to login to your cam or if you use another port for that. The alternative way is to install Team viewer from teamviewer.com. That is an excellent program for remote control of a computer. It is widely used and I use it for all my contact with other computer, but it depends on what you have on your computer and what you are comfortable with. For login and password I send you a PM from here and we use that as our private room that only we have access to.

Can you give me a link to a webpage for the cam so I can see what it is. When I search for that cam I get some different results.

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I am also out of ideas !!!

I have tried everything !! I can view the stream in VLC using the url that is shown in the ONVIF Device Manager. I can see the video stream in the ONVIF Device Manager itself. I can use the SerachPro Tool that came with the camera and I can search for the camera either by ‘SmartP2P’ or ‘Non P2P’ and the Tool finds the camera in both cases and if I click on the camera listed I can access the camera settings and see the video stream.

On my Android phone I use TinyCamPro for remote monitoring of my cameras and I did a search for the camera (whilst connected to the LAN via WiFi), found the camera and can see the stream!!!

When I go to NCS nothing !!! I have tried using the Network Camera, ONVIF, Custom URL camera setup wizards and I cannot get anything to stream. If I use browse in NCS, it finds the camera on the LAN with 192.168.1 51 but it seems impossible to get the stream.

What I do not understand is when I use the ONVIF Device Manager Tool it finds my other FOSCAM FI9821W ONVIF H.264 camera and I can see the video stream and if I click on ‘Network’ settings, I see the exact same Network settings that I entered into this Camera’s settings ie. 192.168.1.50, Subnet: 255.255.255.0 and Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 and Port 8008… The DNS settings are also correct.
When I look at the Network settings in the ONVIF device manager for the DB Power camera I see the following settings:
DHCP: Off
IP address: 255.255.255.255
Subnet: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: (Blank)
Host Name: Manual (Greyed out)
DNS: Manual (Greyed out)
NTP Servers: Manual (greyed out)
Http Ports: Disable
Https Ports: Disable
RTSP Ports: Disable

I do not understand why it shows these settings??? I would expect to see the camera settings that I entered into the camera which are:
Ip address: 192.168.1.51
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Port: 8004

If I try to change any of the settings in the ONVIF device manager and click ‘Apply’, the settings don’t change, they just revert back to what they were !!!

I have Rebooted the camera to default. I and not using any strange characters in my username and Password (they are all lower case alpha characters).
All my other cameras that work have been set up with Port Forwarding and Reserved IP addresses. My DHCP addresses Pool in my Router are set to be selected between 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.199.

Do you think there could be any kind of fault with the camera software?

Thanks & regards
Geoff

Hi Henrik,

I am also using a DDNS service for my cameras from DynDns.

Regards
Geoff

Hi Geoff!
New week, new … ;).
I send you a PM for exchange of IP, port number etc so I can connect to the cam.
-Henrik

Solved:

1. Add camera using ONVIF
    or
  2. Add camera in Custom URL:
    Set stream type to rtsp_tcp
    URL:
    rtsp://username:password@ipnumbertocam:554/live/ch0
    ch0 for highest resolution 720p
    ch1 and ch2 gives lower resolutions

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for closing off this thread with the successful conclusion to your help and support. Fantastic support and very much appreciated.

The DB Power IPCamera is now live in Netcam Studio !!

Best regards
Geoff

Hi.
I have the same problem with two of those DB Power IP Cameras.
ONVIF device manager shows wrong network settings. What can i do to change these settings.
Do you know where to download firmware updates for these cams?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Christian,
This is 11 months old so I think you need to refresh what is same problem. How can onvif device manager show wrong settings? It reads from the camera how to connect to it. My last post with Solved do not work then?
-Henrik

Hi Henrik/Christian
The solution is still valid. I have had no problems since implementing the solution neraly a year ago.

Regards
Geoff

1 Like

Hello Henrik, hello Geoff

The ONVIF Device Manager shows the following network settings.
IP address: 255.255.255.255
Subnet: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: (Blank)
Host Name: Manual (Greyed out)
DNS: Manual (Greyed out)
NTP Servers: Manual (greyed out)

This is the same than Geoff had 11 month ago. All other cameras (5 pieces) in my network are working perfect.
The problem is that those two DB Power Cams are not showing up on my NVR but i can reach them with rtsp and with the iphone app.
The only difference between the cams that are working and the DB Power cams are those network settings.

I don´t understand what Hendrik did to solve this problem. I guess Hendrick connected to Geoff´s Cam and changed something (maybe Firmware) so that the real network settings programmed on the DB Cam show up correctly with the ONVIF Device Manager.

Kind regards
Christian (I hope you can understand my english, because I am from Austria.

Hi Christian,
No problems at all! I am from Sweden residing in Brasil so here we mix languages :slight_smile: Thanks for more info. What onvif DM shows is programmed into the camera. So most likely what I did was to skip onvif and just connect the cameras using the Custom URL tab. Much easier. I am very certain that I did not change firmware from a remote location. I think I also made a template for the camera.
But, isn´t it ok to add them by custom url or template?
-Henrik

Hi Henrik/Christian
Yes, Henrik, that is correct. You (and I) connected using the Custom URL. You did get remote access to my camera but as far as I remember you did not make any firmware updates or changes.

Regards
Geoff