I can't add any video sources under Win Server 2008 R2 x64

Hello. I’ve just installed WebcamXP and Webcam 7 in my Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64). Always is ok, untill I ran it. I can’t add any video sources. Messagebox is: “An error occured while connecting the video source 1” and after that: "Access violation at address 0052BB97 in module ‘webcam7.exe’. Read of address 00000000"
I’ve tried to add MUSF, IP cameras, even local avi, mpeg files. Please, help me with solve this problem.
I have .NET 4.5.2 and VC++ 2013 redist x86
PS I’ve tried to install Webcam7 in my home Win7 x64 and it works fine!
With the best regards,
Dmitriy.

Hi Dimitriy and welcome to the forum!
Working with server software is always a little bit more tricky since many roles and features are disabled as default. To make it work in Server 2008 you need to install a feature called Desktop Experience that handle video, audio etc. Here you find that

After that webcamxp/7 runs very well.
Have you considered using Netcam Studio instead? NCS is the next generation after Webcamxp/7 and works better with IP cams and have also more features.
Good luck,
-Henrik

Thank you very much, Henrik!
I installed this feauture and Webcam 7 and XP started to work fine!
For my tiny objectives WebcamXP is more than enought. It’s wonderfull soft in my first sight. But I’ll try to install NCS and I hope that I’ll be pleasantly surprised too.

Excellent!
Yes, try NCS. You know where to find me ;).
-Henrik