iDigital V380 information/compatability

Thatā€™s a shame as these otherwise seem quite good cameras.

I did a little more poking using Wireshark while attempting to connect to the camera using NVCMS_lite. It seems some sort of magic packet is sent to port 5050 to initiate a connection. The username and password are then both sent in clear text. It looks like there may also be some sort of connection attempt to a site ending in nvdvr.net. From there the camera seems to return a H.264 stream.

I shall try contacting the original vendor of the V380s and see if there is any sort of firmware update or patches to enable additional functionality.

Try the string rtsp://ip_addr/ch00_1

Some of the latest V380 based cams need to have a patch file added to the firmware by putting it on a SD card and power on the camera. Itā€™s explained in another thread.

/Ubbe

I tried this type of hundreds of commands but failed:
rtsp://admin:passcode@192.168.x.x/live/ch00_0
VLC shows this error "VLC is unable to open the MRL ". I did change and marked ā€œUse RTP over RTSPā€ but still error remains the same.

Shouldnā€™t I need to specify the port number? I tried but I couldnā€™t find one.

Check that your camera use rtsp and that port 554 is open.

Using WireShark I tracked camera local IP, itā€™s protocol wasnā€™t RSTP but IGMPv3.

I did an online search on WhatIsmyIp website by giving my public address. It shows(in attached SS) every port is closed except DNS however I tried to open HTTP by Router settings>port mapping but it didnā€™t changed the results.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Furthermore, Iā€™ve read your discussion with some other person and then I installed ONVIF Device Manager. It detected IPCAM automatically but failed to generate live stream.

Command Line results for the camera:

Nmap scan report for 192.168.100.9
Host is up (0.0076s latency).
Not shown: 996 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
5050/tcp open mmcc
5051/tcp open ida-agent
8800/tcp open sunwebadmin
8899/tcp open ospf-lite

I specified port 554, it showed this port as a closed port. The list of other ports is above. Can I use any other port from the above list?

Sorry, but no. Port 554 is the port for rtsp. Port 5050 is the classical port for multimedia communication which is an encrypted stream with some protocol that can be propitiatory.

ItĀ“s interesting that ODM pics up the camera. There is a lot of discussions of this 380-camera and everyone have the same problem. Some have used another firmware and made it work.

-Henrik

I just ran a command:

telnet 192.168.100.9 8899

it showed me a blank page which means this 8899 port is listening for camera. Canā€™t I use this port for video?

Just to give a bit of a belated update on the iDigital branded V380 sold in Australiaā€¦

I contacted the original vendor. They confirmed my camera has the latest firmware and that the camera does not support RTSP or ONVIF. I asked about the patch floating around for the V380E. They confirmed the patch is not compatible with my camera (which iā€™d already found - it doesnā€™t even seem to try to apply) but that a similar style patch (for maintainance, not extra functionality) could be applied to my camera.

Looking at this files in the patch it seems it may be possible to try things like enabling telnet for the session without much risk of bricking the camera but i havenā€™t dug further at this stage.

Probably not, but test. The firmware in the camera use a specific port for communicating video and audio. Now that port is 5050 with some protocol. To use another port and a known protocol you must change firmware.
The only way to find out is to test.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Can you please send me the patch files?

Iā€™m going to update my firmware. Do you have the patch file? Can I upgrade firmware without SD card? Is there any tool for updating firmware by providing my own patch file?

Sorry, but I no nothing about this camera. You must search in the forum here to find answers.

Have a look in this earlier thread - Fentac V380 Connection

There is a patch file about 12th post down, plus a slight tweak to it later. There is some info about what and how in that post. I canā€™t add anything to the discoveries of others so far.

@ZCed & @Henrik Thank you so much, guys. After updating firmware I accessed my camera but there is just one thing left. How can I access it from outside of my network? AFAIK 192.168.x.x is my private IP for the camera and 72.255.x.x is my public IP for my router. So, how can I access my camera from outside of my network?

Hi,
Excellent and thanks for reporting back!
Accessing the camera from the public side is the easy part :slight_smile:
Here is a guide for that Accessing Netcam Studio remotely using Web Client or Smartphone App
In short do this:
1.in the router use port forwarding. Forward port 8100 to the IP number of the computer running Netcam Studio.
2.in a browser on the public side enter http://72.255.x.x:8100
3.NCS will start the web client and send you a login box where you can enter user name and password.
4.read the guide for necessary details for long term use like static IP and a DDNS service if the public IP is dynamic.

-Henrik

Thank you Sir! This process seems time taking to me. When Iā€™ll be done with my purpose with this camera then Iā€™ll publicly access it using your suggested link. Thanks once again :slight_smile:

Iā€™m so sorry to bother you again but I got stuck in this.

Hi, i have the same cameras (and the same problems), you could please send me the update files (the same files that you send it to Abdullah_Chaudhry).
will be a great change to could use these cameras with zoneminder (rtsp)
Thanks in advance
Martin Etcheverry