Lag and distortion in NCS, not in other programs

I’m still working with my camera layout and added a new camera the other day. First it worked just fine, but after an unintended restart I lost the settings and had to add the camera again. This time the video feed is laggy and distorted. When I open the same camera at the same time in another program the video feed is just fine - The problem is only in NCS. Look at the lower right camera, it’s pointing the same way as the upper left, BOTH look just fine in another program at the same time. Any idea…?

Hi,
Unintended restart is never good in real-time systems so most likely something else went wrong also. I recommend to reinstall NCS completely, especially since it work fine from the beginning. I don´t know what computer you are using, but check also the CPU load in the Task manager.
-Henrik

AMD FX8350 @4GHz@52C, 16GB RAM, AMD 290X@43C and Revodrive X3, NCS is actually pulling 35%± and 400MB. Hardware should be way powerful enough but I hope to get hold of a used laptop to run as a dedicated PC for NCS. Maybe run the client on main puter, it has 3x30".

It seems that you have 3 high resolution cameras and running them at high fps and motion detection use a lot of cpu power. I assume that the used laptop will not have that processor power. In Settings -> Recording the parameter Images per second will effect the cpu load most. The cameras probably use h.264 which use a lot of cpu. Changing that to MJPEG will lower the cpu load, but use more network traffic.