Live stream of Huisun IPCX-SCB405IP-V10-PAA camera ONVIF

I have a very popular Chinese Huisun IPCX-SCB405IP-V10-PAA camera (as OEM) that is ONVIF-compliant and does RSTP.

Using Netcam Studio, I have come across some issues that hopefully can be solved:

ONVIF Device Manager identifies the mainstream link as rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/Streaming/Channels/1 which I’ve added it as a custom URL.

1. The Android app and streaming mode JPEG & MJPEG of the web client works well including sound, however LIVE does not produce a moving picture nor sound.
    Both MJPEG and Live Video Stream Encoder are greyed-out in the Off position, and PTZ is the only ‘green’ (but PTZ also does not work).

2. Also, I would like to add the camera on the ONVIF tab by having the DNS name resolved. I run Netcam Studio as a Windows-service outside of the premises where the camera is located, on a server with more bandwidth. Therefore I cannot add the camera via the ONVIF tab, as it only supports adding private reserved IP addresses.

Hi Rick and welcome to the community!
To you questions.

1. The Apps for Android and iOS do not give video and sound in LIVE. The problem is that there are so many different format so that would slow down the server. However, jpeg and mjpeg works fine as you say. If you want or need the LIVE setting use the web client in Chrome or the native browser and go to LIVE. That will give you the h.264 stream with video and sound synchronized. When you use LIVE you have to wait a little longer than for the other streams since it is more data to decode.
    PTZ is not supported. To have PTZ the camera must be added using a template. Control of PTZ use http and video/audio use rtsp and they must be combined in the same template.

2._ Since you already have the URL for the camera rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/Streaming/Channels/1 you add the cam using the tab Custom URL.

• set stream type to rtsp_tcp
  • use the URL rtsp://x.x.x.x:554/Streaming/Channels/1

where x.x.x.x now is the DNS name. However, to make this work you must also port forward port 554 in your router to the IP number of the computer that runs NCS.

Good luck and you know where to find me,
Henrik