I have a Windows 7 desktop that is running Webcam7. I use it as a security system. My cameras are attached via a 4 port capture card (Bluecherry PV-149) that uses the WDM drivers. It has been working well for 7 years but has recently started crashing daily. It has me thinking it is a good time to upgrade the whole thing.
My needs are pretty simple. I can do all of these with Webcam7. Not sure if Netcamstudio can do these.
- Monitor cameras for motion. When motion is detected, take a still shot and FTP it to a remote location
- Every hour, on each camera take a still shot and FTP it to a remote location.
- Ability to activate and deactivate motion detection on each camera based on a daily schedule.
- Date and time stamp each pic taken. No watermarks.
- When motion is detected, send an email to a specified address.
I’m thinking of a new desktop with Win10. Then an upgrade to Netcamstudio. Use my existing capture card.
Here are my questions:
- Does this sound like a reasonable configuration?
- Does Netcamstudio support cameras via WDM input?
- Will Netcamstudio be able to do all the things I listed above?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.