Moonware Universal Source Filter and OBS Studio

How can I get the Moonware Universal Source Filter to work with OBS Studio (currently version 18.0.1)? It doesn’t show up in the list of devices when I add a new “Video Capture Device”. The Moonware Universal Source Filter works perfectly with XSplit though, no problems there. But it seems OBS Studio doesn’t recognize the Moonware Filter as a source. Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Ps. OBS Studio is 64-bit and the Moonware Universal Source Filter currently is 32-bit. Don’t know if this has anything to do with it?

Hi,
Well, the Universal Source Filter is developed to work with Moonware products WebcamXP/7 so I am more surprised that it also work with XSplit. The filter works very well so any adjustment will not take place, sorry ;).
-Henrik

It’s probably related to the fact OBS is 64-bit and the filter 32-bit.

A 32-bit app cannot see 64-bit drivers so I suppose this is also valid the other way round.

As Henrik mentionned, we created the filter mainly so that we can use the same decoding engine in webcamXP that we developped initially for Netcam Studio. That’s why we created only a 32-bit version.

Technically, we could potentially prepare a 64-bit version of our filter however it has never been planned / in the pipe on our end as we had no real need for it…