Motion detection activating but not recording

Hi have configured and enabled motion detection, have done rules for motion start and motion stop, have set and saved scheduler for 24/7. Have the yellow border and the bar is tripping over the line when motion detected.
Have set storage to a folder in a Diskstation, which all works fine if I hit the record button,

but will not record when motion is detected, I must have forgotten something can figure out what?

Hi Pete,
Maybe yoo made ncs a little bit confused when setting both rules and scheduler? Remove the rules and see if it works better. Also, are there any errors in the event log?
-Henrik

Thanks Henrik, deleted all rules, just left the scheduler on 24/7 motion detection(yellow lines)
error logs reports the following, repeating these 3 lines, seems “Start recording” is not being triggered, maybe my configuration is wrong?

OnImageReceived Already Connected for AnalysisMotionDetection
WakeUp
Stop recording received [Scheduler] while recording is already Stopped
OnImageReceived Already Connected for AnalysisMotionDetection
WakeUp
Stop recording received [Scheduler] while recording is already Stopped
etc

The external storage on a Diskstation might also be the problem. Change the Library to a folder on the internal disk and check.
-Henrik

I tried local disk it still wont record, as before will record manually but not on motion detection

OK, “fine”. These are the classical errors. Two things:
1.Take a look at the config. for that camera. Below is a typical setup

2.Settings - Library
Can the Retention period be set to 0?
3. Check that the scheduler is completely blank.

If nothing helps can you give me access to the computer using TeamViewer so I can see if I can find the problem? If OK I sned you a PM for private discussion.
-Henrik

Tried those 3 things, still not starting record on motion detection.

I use TeamViewer so would be great if you could take a look

Similar symptoms, but completely different solution I found –
It may actually be recording, but you can’t see it in the Library because the date-range in your library is set to prior dates! Sometimes the “to” date gets left in the past – so that you cannot see any recent recordings. For example, today my date range was set to “3/21/2021 to 3/22/2021”, that end date is 4 days ago. I don’t know why it was set like that. I just changed that end date to “3/31/2021”, which is a few days into the future, and all of todays’ recordings magically appeared!
Also make sure the “Source” menu is set to the right thing, like “All Sources”, so you can see all your cameras’ recordings if you have multiple cameras.
Just another possible solution for other newbies out there like me.

1 Like