Motion Detection failing

Hi

I have had this issue twice now, my motion detection stops working. Checking the logs (pasted image) i get this error:
“Error in Image Processing for Motion Detection
Exception Detail:The operation is neither ‘array op array’ (where arrays have the same size and the same number of channels), nor ‘array op scalar’, nor ‘scalar op array’”

I have lost a lot of potential proof/evidence because this has happened. Please assist.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Yes restarting sorts everything out again, but this should not be happening in the 1st place. :slight_smile:

Thanks for info. What version of NCS? Which OS?
We will have a look at this.
-Henrik

Windows Server 2012 R2

Hi,
That was a long time ago and much has happened since then. Now we are on NCS 1.6.2.
-Henrik

LoL, it has been a long time since I had any issues. Will get the new version and see. :stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t even think of that, to be honest.

Be careful when you do this big jump upgrade since storage of camera data have changed. So have backups and info abour URL’s on “paper”.

We have extensive backups so not really that worried. Only issue I have been having is that the web client and IE do NOT gel well. It works like a dream in Chrome. This has not impacted us too much so I have not really bothered to log a call for this. :slight_smile:

Nice work on the upgrades, the interfaces (especially the web) are so much nicer. :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yes, we put a lot of work into NCS during tha last 9 months and it has developed very well from my view😃 Problems with IE are solved in version 1.6.2 found here

Hi
This is happening again… :confused: and as Murphy would want it, it always happens before I need a recording.

Camera-version

I created a script to restart the service once a day. This seems to fix the issue, but is obviously not ideal.

Hi,
This is of cause not ideal, but what it is … Is it always for the same camera?How is the camera connected; mjpeg, rtsp, template, … ? Resolution? If you change resolution still the problem?
-Henrik

All 30 of them. Various resolutions, Some connected by templates some by rtsp.

lol “This is of cause not ideal, but what it is …” True, but it is usually better to cure the illness than only treating the symptoms. :wink:

Well, that’s why all my questions trying to get some pattern or whatever when this happens trying to solve the basic problem.
What I could do is to say that this is a local problem based on your “All 30 …” and there is something in your system interfering with NCS. However, since I am a problem solver I like to be constructive, but just now I don’t have that much to work with.
-Henrik

I understand fully. Tell me what you need. :slight_smile:
Server: HP DL380p Gen8 Camera-server
This server is dedicated to this, there are no other services using this server.

Let me know what else I can provide. :slight_smile:

It is the same problem with NCS 1.3.6.5 running on Server 2012. how about a combination of NCS and server 20xx that works?