Netcam Studio 1.3.6

You’re still using the ultrafast preset ? Strange that it cannot follow but since it has lower priority it should only use the available resources so it could occur.

How does it behave without the background-encoding ? Because I see almost no differences anymore in the last version between the 2 modes. They use the same code and logic the only difference is that one stores directly the Jpeg frames and the other encodes to MP4 frames before storing…

Yes, it´s on Ultrafast. I am trying to elaborate when this feature is good to use or can be very bad to use. If the computer have a high cpu load and one switch to the background process with a criteria of lower priority and use available resources the problem is that there are no available resources. I do not see any difference in the cpu load between the two in my case. So what happens is that it records in avi which fills the HD very fast and the coding to mp4 will almost never be done. So I think market this as a feature to reduce a high cpu load should be done with care. Yes, it will break even under a number of circumstances, but I think they might be difficult to say since it also depends on what other processes are running on the computer.

Actually, I think this is an extremely interesting case and must certainly be solved or looked into by people in computer science and optimization. ;).

After a few hours using 1.3.6.5 my cameras, which are implemented by custom URL and RTSP_HTTP-Stream Type, only shows “Error in Camera Downloader” “Ungültiger Parameter”. When opening the URL in browser it works fine. Please help.

Hi!
It is certainly strange that it after some hours you get this error. If something is wrong that error message will be there immediately. From your very short description is very difficult for me to make a closer analysis. What cam are you using? Have you tested to use the exact same URL in VLC?
I suggest to ways:

• the NCS 1.3.6.5 is an unofficial release and not for the public. I hope you have the old version 1.3.5 or 1.3.6 to go back to. You can find 1.3.5 on the NCS official download page. If you install the official release everything should work again.
  • forward a cam so I can connect to it from my system. I need also the complete URL for that, rtsp://… I can send you a PM for exchange of critical parameters.

-Henrik

Please provide screenshots and extract of the logs in Netcam Studio after this problem occurs. Does reconnecting the sources solve the problem or what do you have to do to solve ? Restarting the software solves the problem ?

Also try to check the memory usage before and after the issue. Please report here the following:
CPU usage / Memory Usage / Nb of Handles / Nb of Threads

That you have when everything works normally and that you have after this issue is happening.

Thanks

I have found a solution for me. I switched from Stream Type RTSP_HTTP to JPG. Now it works again. I don’t know, if I choosed RTSP_HTTP in my previous installation by myself or the update to 1.3.6.5 switched this. The configuration is too long ago.

1.3.6.5 has been officially released since it still seems to behave pretty well after a couple of days.