Netcam Studio X - ntdll.dll

Hi I have Netcam studio 1.7.0.0 installed and keep seeing periodically crashing with it.

Its been happening for months, it seems after a number of hours / days it just crashes. 6.5 hours in the last crash.

It seems to be an application level error, error details below.

Is anyone else having similar issues?

Faulting application name: NetcamStudioX.exe, version: 1.7.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ad5a7c0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17134.556, time stamp: 0x74bed8b0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000009e2f4
Faulting process id: 0x2d50
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4dd605bfc7f05
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio - 64-bit\NetcamStudioX.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 613766eb-1cec-4609-a956-cc364a519318
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi,
Yes you are not the only one having this issue.
It is the system file ntdll.dll that is infected or corrupt. This problem started after the Win 10 update 1803 last year.
ntdll is used for many things. Read here for example about this Netcam Crashes a lot
NCS use graphics a lot so check also the graphics adapter. Make sure that you have installed the latest windows updates.
-Henrik

ok I will try, is there anything else I can try if updates dont fix it?

I am not sure what works best since it seems to be different for every user, but you can also search problems with this ntdll file and you will find more ways to solve the problem.

FYI a recent windows update seems to have fixed the problem for me.

1 Like

Excellent and thanks for reporting! A new update of Windows seems to be the cure for this problem.
In a couple of weeks we have next update to Win 10 ver. 1903 and what that one brings for interesting challenges :slightly_smiling_face:
-Henrik