New installation - parameters pops back to default when saving!

Just installed a NCS 119 with license for 16 cams on a server 2003. When I change parameters (Library storage, FPS, any parameter) it pops back to default. The error message is

Error in MoonwareServer.SaveSettings
Exception Detail:Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS0012: The type ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Moonware.Common, Version=1.1.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.
error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for ‘Moonware.Core.ItemQueue.Add(Moonware.Common.ItemEntry)’ has some invalid arguments
error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘object’ to ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’

I reply to my own here. Someone else had this problem and also that Library was empty after restart even though the folder was full. The answer was .NET 4.5 which do not run on server 2003. So server 2003 seems to be not possible any more?

More errors:
An error occured while executing Action MotionFinished on Camera 4 - gar2. Exception Detail:Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS0012: The type ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Moonware.Common, Version=1.1.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for ‘Moonware.Core.ItemQueue.Add(Moonware.Common.ItemEntry)’ has some invalid arguments error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘object’ to ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’

We are changing the way we store library items in the upcoming version in order to solve this problem and therefore will try to keep support for Windows XP and 2003 for a little longer (but probably not that long).

Obviously it do not work now so I have to change to another machine. Unfortunately, I entered the license code in the machine with server2003. I have sent an email to your support so that they can release that license code from server2003 so that I can use it in another hardware! -Henrik

Luiza at support, thank you!

1.2.0 beta which hopefully works on .NET 4.0 has been released but needs to be tested / confirmed :slight_smile:

Interesting, but the important part is “keep support for Windows XP and 2003 for a little longer (but probably not that long).” Now I have a free license not registered to any hardware so should I go for server 2003 or another system, probably server 2008?

Did Luiza solve your re-activation issue?

If you have choice a Server 2008 would be better but normally this version should not do the error anymore on XP / 2003. If there are still reported issues, we’ll look forward to fix for 1.2 final.

Yes thank you, Luiza released the license so now I can enter it again. I am not quite sure what is best. Server 2003 is at it end of livetime and it seems that I am the only one using 2003 and for how long will you continue to support that … I might wait to 1.2 Final before I decide.

Well a more recent OS will probably anyway be a better choice…

After a restart of the server I am back again where a change in settings pop back to old values when I try to save. This is the error message:
WCF request failed >> SetServiceSettings()
Exception Detail:The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://Moonware/Server:settings. The InnerException message was ‘There was an error deserializing the object of type System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[Moonware.Common.SerializableSetting, Moonware.Common, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]. The maximum string content length quota (8192) has been exceeded while reading XML data. This quota may be increased by changing the MaxStringContentLength property on the XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas object used when creating the XML reader. Line 1, position 14036.’. Please see InnerException for more details.