No fullscreen in iOS and screen doesn't stay on

ios
mobile

Apologies if this has been asked before but I ran a search and didn’t see anything offhand. I’ve noticed that when connecting to my NCS X 1.5.1.0 server with the NCS Mobile 4.0.1 app for iOS (iPhone 7+ running iOS 10.3.1) and I tap on a source it doesn’t actually go fullscreen like other non-NCS media sources on iOS. It simply takes the video feed and overlays it on top of the normal view. As such I don’t think it is communicating to iOS that the screen needs to remain on and it will auto-dim and then auto-lock in accordance with your individual iOS settings. Can we possibly get NCS Mobile to trigger the normal iOS fullscreen video function so the screen will not auto-dim/auto-lock?

Please let me know if I need to clarify what it is I’m asking, and thanks for the great software!

It’s not because because it would require us to stream the live streams in an apple-friendly format which is not the case.

The video files stored in the library should behave as you expect and describe but it’s not the case for the live streams.

I see. Well that is unfortunate. Out of curiosity does the functionality that I’m asking for work on Android? I know that Apple can be hard to work with and if this is a feature that can’t be had solely because of Apple then I’ll just have another reason to hate them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The android app behaves exactly the same (because it’s the same app).

Despite we cannot have the behaviour of the native player, the fact of preventing the device to sleep seems possible by using a plugin:

So if this becomes a feature of interest (supported by other members here) we may give it a try however i’m not super sure that apple will still allow the app on the store and if we are ready to take this risk.

Thanks for the suggestion Steve but I think Insomnia only works on jailbroken iPhones. I used to jailbreak but unfortunately I am not allowed to anymore. Darn employer’s mobile device management :frowning:

No it’s a plugin to setup on our end.

I would have to review the guidelines for apple store to see if they allow non-sleeping apps but still I would like to see interest from other users / members here to dig further into this…

I see, I thought you were talking about the Cydia tweak for jailbroken iPhones:

Now I see that it’s a function you can build into your app, assuming, like you said, that it aligns with the App Store guidelines.

Hi, I too would like to be able to keep the app “alive”. Preferable changeable to when only remotely powered.