Problem viewing library video from mobile client (Android)

Hi,

I am unable to view most library video using the mobile client on Android, whether I am local (wifi) or remote (4G/Wifi). When trying to view a video, I get the rolling wheel and it never loads.

Some do load (maybe 1 in 20) and play, although really slowly.

I completely reinstalled the server (OS and application) recently and it didn’t change anything. I am using Netcam Studio 1.2.0 beta 2 for x64. The client is the latest Android client (3.1.0) on Kit Kat 4.4.4 (Motorola Droid Turbo)

Any idea what might be causing this?

What’s the resolution + frame rate of the recordings ? Did you change the default recording settings ?

There are no similar known issues. If you navigate from your phone to the web address of NCS server and use the regular web client, do you have the same ? From the web client using the same or another computer ?

Even on older phones such as the Nexus 5 it’s working fine however we have no Motorola is our tests…

I have samsung s3 and have same problem, cant view any library video, try reinstall several times, but nothing helped

I have actually the same problem. Cannot play any video from Library on Lenovo tablet using mobile app 3.4.8 with NCS 131 or NCS 135. Resolution is from 640x480 to 1920x1080. Frame rate around 20 fps. Using default recording settings. Using the mobile web client on the same tablet works with no problems. @Steve

I will perform some tests on Android tomorrow. I’m pretty sure that I have verified this before releasing 3.4.8

What version of Android do you use because all my test devices are now on Android 6.x

My Lenovo tablet is about 1,5 years old. It use Android 4.4.2. It must be backward compatible since I can download it ;).
-Henrik

Well on Android 6.x it seems to work fine. I have tried different devices, now I don’t know if it’s related to recording settings or anything else. At the time it also used to work on Android 4.x and 5.x but right now I don’t have any device which hasn’t been updated.

I don’t know if it’s the same problem I had, anyway there are many issues around OGG/THEORA files with Google. I solved using the Mjpg encoding to see live streaming on my web pages. Probably it’s slower, but it’s more compatible actually. You’re lucky to work on Android 6. Most of new mobile products (here in Italy) are actually 5.1

Off course I was talking about Google for mobile products (compatibility with HTML5/OGG files). On PCs works perfect.