PTZ often does not stop, when using App or WebUI

When I move the camera with the PTZ function of NCS in the WebUI or with the App, i have often the problem, that the camera does not stop, when i release the button.
With the native Windows Client, the PTZ works without problems.
This problem is so fatal, that i can’t use the function anymore. My work around is to use another app for controlling the camera position.

Hi Fabian,
Thanks for information. I forward this to our developer.
Thanks,
Henrik
@Steve

ONVIF PTZ possible or not?

Recognized an important detail:
When I push the button, the camera starts to moving. [OK]. When I release the button, the camera stops always [OK]. But often, the camera starts moving again a few hundred milliseconds later. [NOK]

So the problem seems not be a missing stop command.

Thanks for info. It can also be that when button is released another click is registered due to … Anyway, some adjustment will be good.
Thanks,
Henrik

In fact, the software detects the stop signal and stopps the moving. For an unknown reason, it then detects a new “SendPtzCommand” for no reason.

The problem occurs on the web interface, the mobile app and i guess also in the windows client. So it seems to be a problem of the server itself.
What can I do to solve the problem by myself?

I paid for the software and unfortunately this bug is a “show-stopper” for me, because it is not possible to control the PTZ cameras in a right way.
I suggest to include buttons to call the Onvif Presets which would also helps me.

Best regards
Fabian

Hi Fabian,
Thanks a lot for additional information. I will forward this directly to our developers.
Thanks,
Henrik

I pushed a single time the up or down button. Then i made a screenshot from the event log. It seems, that the PTZ works in the App as expected. Only the Webclient & iOS seems to be faulty.

EDIT: I tried to do it again and now all possibilites were ok. So i can’t figure out, when it’s working and not. There must be a hazard! I will check, if i can provide a Wireshark log.

iOS:

App:

I have only one PTZ camera and I have stressed it to behave bad, but so far no luck. But test and come back again.

Hi. I am doing some testing on a new system here.

What I have found is that the mobile app and PTZ does not work as intended. If i hit the left arrow it will get highlighted and stay highlighted and the camera moves all the way in the correct direction. I can click beside the buttons to un-highlight it, but the camera moves all the way. No way to stop it where I want. Same for every direction. All the way or nothing.

From remote PC with web-browser or Netcam Studio Client everything works as it should.

But! My plan was to use this mobile client.

Everything is latest version and updated.

Camera info here:

Phone is Android
Samsung A7 2017

Please fix this!

Hi,
Check the event viewer what commands NCS sends to the camera when using mobile client and web client. Difference?
There is a template for Foscam FI9826W-HD818W Test if that works better.
-Henrik

Here are what the logs say (will try suggested template later)

From Mobile App:

(1)Sending PTZ command: Right
(2)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(3)ONVIF Continuous Command X:0,7 Y:0 Z:0
(4)ONVIF Move Stop
(5)Sending PTZ command: Right
(6)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(7)ONVIF Continuous Command X:0,7 Y:0 Z:0
(8)ONVIF Move Stop

From Netcam Studio lient:

(2)ONVIF Continuous Command X:0,7 Y:0 Z:0
(3)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(4)ONVIF Move Stop

From a Windows PC and Firefox Webbrowser:

(2)ONVIF Continuous Command X:0,7 Y:0 Z:0
(3)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(4)ONVIF Move Stop

(no idea why some of this appears bold)

Trying something else throws this error in the logs but with the password in clear text, that must be wrong?

Exception (Web) while connecting to http://192.168.10.101:88/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=USERNAME&pwd=CLEARTEXT
Exception Detail:The operation has timed out.

After changing to the suggested template (FI9826W-HD818W) for the camera and testing with the Mobile App. This is what happens.
It kind of works, but really sluggish. It moves like a quarter of the way, not as before all the way. And the logs say:

(2)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(3)Sending PTZ command: Right
(4)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(5)Sending PTZ command: Right
(6)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop
(7)Sending PTZ command: Right
(8)Sending PTZ command: MoveStop

Thank you very much much for all testing. I certainly agree with you that the commands from the mobile app seems duplicated. I am not the expert in this so I have to forward this to our developers @Steve. We have an upcoming Eastern so I am not sure when they can handle this.
Thanks,
Henrik

Hi,
A new App is out that should fix this. Please check.

-Henrik

For iOS the problem still exists with 4.2.0

iOS version 4.3.0 is submitted, but it takes days and up to weeks before it is approved on Apple Store. So hang in there.
Thanks,
Henrik

There it is :slight_smile:
My first test was successful! Thank you so far!!

Hi
Excellent!
-Henrik

ONVIF PTZ possible or not?

Nice. Works fine now.