Save or reset settings

I have been playing around with the software settings and have figured out some ideal settings but have also managed to create some problems which I can’t seem to identify the settings that cause them. I can delete the settings / user data Netcam folder under c:\users\all users\moonware (note - uninstall will not remove this data so your old settings will come back to haunt you when you reinstall). I guess I can make a copy of this every time I make changes and then overwrite the folder if I want to revert to previous settings. Is there a way of saving and resetting your settings in the system?

Hi there,
OBS. Read all the text before you start doing anything!

Save the settings you do with save icon like a floppy disk. Reset/revert is possible under some menus using the revert icon.

Uninstall keep settings and some more parameters to make it easy for upgrading the software. The settings are stored on another location that I will show you. If you want to make a clean installation meaning removing everything do this:
-run the installation program and use remove.
-go to C:\Program Files and delete the folder Netcam Studio
-go to C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio and delete everything.
-OBS in C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server there is a folder called Library which contains recorded files. If you want to keep anything of that make a backup.
-in C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server there is a file called Server.config which include the settings. To reset you can delete that file and when you start NCS again that file will be created with default values. You can make a backup of the Server.config and testing different settings and if you want to go back just copy that file back and start NCS again.

-C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder and to reach that go to Control panel to make that folder visible.

Good luck,
Henrik