Sharx HTNC4404M Camera - ONVIF PTZ solved

Please give a try to version 1391-mt which is on dropbox.

I have tried to connect some of the onvif cameras I had in stock and one of them also refused to return profiles so I’ve fixed that in this version. hopefully it will do the trick for you.

if you manage to connect it over onvif in netcam studio then it should also allow you to control pan and tilt.

I tried 1391-mt does not work… assuming i have the right version. In “About” the version does not have the -mt
Just “v1.3.9.1”

Yes it’s the good one.

After entering the username / password and pressing Get Profiles. please go in the event logs of NCS and report any error or interesting information you may find related to it.

Thanks

The only thing in the log is “error retrieving Onvif Profiles”

Joe

Hmm, in order to fix this i would need to be able to see on what address onvifdm is sending the GetProfiles request. Since most manufacturer have their own interpretation of onvif it’s not really a surprise, on my end I already noticed 2 variations (so NCS tries both) with my different onvif cameras. Yours probably uses a third variant. The problem is that is more or less cannot be diagnosed remotely, it required wireshark to “snif” the network while retrieving profiles with onvifdm.

As usual a standard is open fir interpretation ;). When I have been checking in the configuration in onvif cameras I have noticed that the port for onvif communication differs between cameras. Joe, can you have a look in the config, of the camera and see if there are any settings for onvif and in that case what they are.
-Henrik

I will ask the manufacturer for the info and get back to you as soon as I can.

It looks for port 80 with the cameras IP address

Blue Iris software does find it using the IP address with port 80.

Hi Joe,
Thanks for information. I forward this to @Steve and hopefully he can come to a solution.
Thanks,
Henrik

I heard back from Sharx… they said it worked for them. They are sending me a firmware update for the camera… I will try it again after I get the update and let you know if that corrected the problem…

Joe

They said it worked for them using ONVIF in Netcam Studio 1.4.0 ?

Not sure which version they used. However, they said the camera they tried, same model as mine, did work. I am waiting to install a firmware update on mine and will try again. I will let you know if that corrects my problem.

Joe

GOOD NEWS!!! The firmware update from Sharx corrected the issue. ONVIF worked this time.

Thanks for your patience and guidance.
Joe

Yes, really good news!
Thank you also for your assistance in this. It takes two to tango also in this business to make it work :smile: .
I have not seen this Sharx before, but they seems to be very helpful also.
Good luck,
Henrik

Sharx is not only very helpful… but their cameras are very good too!

They just sent me this email… thought you’d like to see it.

Joe, wonderful, thanks for letting us know
_ _
We put the Netcam studio instructions on our blog Sharx Security Tech Blog – Setup tutorials for Sharx Security cameras
_ _
All our HTNC series cameras shipping now have this new update… from the basic indoor / outdoor dome (HTNC4403DM) to the incredible 30 x zoom PTZ with 1200 ft night vision (HTNC4430XIR)
_ _
Best Regards,
Sharx Security

Best regards,
Joe

Yes, that’s great. I see they tried with NCS 1.3.7.x and it’s already great that profile retrieving and RTSP preset are working.

Did you have a chance to get PTZ over ONVIF to work as well in NCS 1.4? Do they support continuous PTZ (move while you remain clicked on the PTZ button) ?

As they have nice PTZ Cameras, it would be even better to know that PTZ is also fully supported (and fully described in their blog article).

Can you please:

• Come back to us and confirm that Onvif PTZ is fully operational (as well as continuous PTZ)
  • Either let them know about our full Onvif PTZ support in 1.4 or share with me your contact @ sharx so that I can inform them and to see if they can add the missing step about PTZ configuration in their nice article (you can send me the contact by PM).

Thank you !

The model I have, HTNC4404M has motorized Zoom and Focus. No pan and tilt.

I can zoom in and out using the scroll wheel on my mouse while in Netcam Studio.

How can I PM you? I think you have my email address.

Scroll wheel in NCS is the soft zoom so not relying on “real” PTZ.

You can just click on my name and select “Message”.