Universal Source Filter

OK, sent another one. There might be a 10 min delay.

Hi Henrik,

no mail received. I think that my registration address is right, because I received mails from Steve

Just tell me what address you use in the filter for this camera (remove the ip or host and replace by xxx).

something like:
rtsp://xxx.xxx/stream1.sdp
or
http://xxx.xxx/video.mjpeg

anyway the media information already shows something really interesting, we are looking for a mjpeg stream now i need to know if it’s over http (so it’s somehow related to our internal mjpeg decoders) or rtsp (which may try to use ffmpeg’s mjpeg decoder) and for this i need you url (just hide the ip)

For that camera the alternatives are according to the Edmiax manual:

rtsp:// xxx.xxx.xxx./ipcam_mjpeg.sdp

can you try using:
rtsp:// xxx.xxx.xxx./ipcam_h264.sdp ?

I need to check why MJPEG streams over RTSP do not work, that has been reported recently in Netcam Studio as well.

Unfortunately I think I have no camera which provide mjpeg over RTSP to perform tests on my end.

I tried h264.sdp and h264s1.sdp. I couldn’t receive a picture

VLC can open all videostreams produced by cam3 edimax. The stream infom I posted was mjpeg

I could reconfigure one of my camera to send MJPEG over RTSP and it’s indeed not working in the filter so I will have a look if there’s something we can do but I had no freezing problems or unability to quit webcam 7 when I try to play with this stream (it’s just not connecting).

I have an Edmiax and tested NCS with rtsp and mjpeg and it do not connect. I works with h264.sdp

I think some Foscam users recently had issues in NCS with MJPEG over RTSP as well so i’m investigating this.

this rtsp:// xxx.xxx.xxx./ipcam_h264.sdp works for you Henrik ?

Yes, that works for Henrik (I need 20 characters).

ok, found why mjpeg is disabled (there was really a discarding check if codec the codec was jpeg or mjpeg in some part of the rtsp decoder).

That was to allow playing local movie files, some do have the cover or a sample embeded and to prevent this from being used instead of the “real” movie. I’ve disabled the mjpeg check and now it works fine :slight_smile:

building a new filter… good news is that it will automatically fix the next ncs release as it’s sharing this code with the filter.

Grrrr a lot of extra work! :smile: and soon we have 20 characters!

Ok, here is 5.0.4:
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/moonware/musf-x86.exe

Really hope this time everything is fine (i’m anyway off for long weekend as of tomorrow morning :))

In will test it tomorrow. The result I post at tuesday and I wish you a nice long weekend.

Well I have been able to test it with MJPEG over RTSP. Now that we knew that this was the problem on your end with the information you have provided, I really hope it was the only remaining issue :slight_smile:

the filter can not be installed. starting webcam 7 there is no filter

I’ve installed it on my system before uploading to ensure it’s fine.

Just tried again right now (uninstall / reintall) and went ok.

I’m reuploading the package just to be sure.

Are you sure that webcam 7 (or anything using the filter) was not running when you tried to install it?