Update, not connected

I just did an update, now I can’t do anything, because it continues to tell me it’s connecting to something, then says not connected… never stop…

I don’t want to be the guinea pig, we do that enough already with Windows.

How do I go back to the older version…

Not connecting to something?

Would it be possible to be a bit more specific here ? Because with this kind of info unfortunately we won’t really be able to assist much.

My default camera view is my main 6 cameras, for some reason the update set the view to 1 camera, of course #1… Having never seen the screen “Connecting & Not Connected” before I had no idea what the software was telling me…

In addition my first (#1) camera is a Boavision from China, which I spent many hours trying all camera configurations to find one that would work with this camera.
Now since the update, the software continues to tell me this camera (#1) will not connect… I assume the camera config I was using has changed…
No idea, for the need to change a camera config…
I can’t even tell you what I used, because the smart thing to do before starting over, would have been to write it down, which I stupidly did not…

Now I must spend many hours “AGAIN”, to try and find a config that will work with this Boavision camera…
Wonderful !!! NOT HAPPY

First of all we decide what changes or not.

Second: please moderate your language or we’ll have to block your access to these forums. This will be my last and only warning on this subject!

If you don’t want to upgrade then nobody forced you but yes if you don’t know how to configure a camera it’s maybe better to stick to one version once it works for you.

Now for configuration it is kept when incementing version not decrementing so somehow going backward would make things only worse.

Now for your issues. First of all cameras: right click to edit the camera that do not work review configuration (without changing anything and then validate the settings). Probaly that’s the only thing needed, there are some new settings in this version and this will initialize them.

For the token for your website, anyway first ensure that the corresponding cameras are working and then ensure that the user account you defined for doing so still exists and that the auth token corresponds.

I have said nothing anyone should be ashamed of…

I used WebCamXP for 20+ years. when there were updates, the software got better, things didn’t suddenly change…
The need to reconfigure did not happen.

How do I get my money back… cause this is crazy !!!

The way of writing in captial letters with 20 exclamations marks and shouting is not acceptable.

Since the license has been delivered and used since more than 60 days we will not consider a refund.

All the other have users managed to do a smooth transition to 1.5.1, some users had to enter the camera config screen and save it again to ensure that the new settings were applied correctly (takes 10 seconds per camera and needs to be done only once).