Upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.3.7

What is the best way to upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.3.7 and not loose any data or configuration? I’m running 12 sources, and thousands are watching my feeds…

Hi Robert,
In general when I upgrade I use the old installation program to remove the old version. Files for settings made inside NCS are kept as well as the Library file. These files are in C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server. If you made changes to files here C:\Program Files\Netcam Studio - 64-bit you need to add these changes again after upgrade. After the old version is removed I start the installation program for the new version.

If you want to be on the safe side and need to go back take a backup of these files

A lot of things have changed between these versions so no guaranties. If you need to re-index the Library do this: change the storage location of the Library to a random folder on the disk. Let NCS create the new folders and store a file or two. Change back to the original location. Now a re-indexing of the original Library starts.

This is my procedure. I do not have that many watching, but I have 15 cams and several TB of recordings and this procedure have worked so far.

Good luck,
Henrik

Can anyone tell me if 1.3.7 fixes the jpeg livestream’s issue of going blank after several seconds of being displayed on a website. You refresh the page and the camera comes back, but it seems to timeout real quickly.

It seems that you are logged out due to interrupted connection? Do you have the token with you in the html code for the website?
-Henrik

The token is integrated into the html on each camera, on each website. Their are different token’s for different sites, different cameras.

Fine. What should I do to be able to reproduce this so I can check if the problem is still there or not?

PM me for details… Here is a copy of the error that appears in event log each time it happens, a simple refresh and its fine again. Doing an active ping at the same time appears no issues.

Exception in VideoSource.NetCam.WorkerThreadMJPEG() >> http://1.1.1.1:80/cgi-bin/cmd/encoder?GET_STREAM=VIDEO&VIDEO_ENCODER=MJPEG&VIDEO_RESOLUTION=640x480
Exception Detail:The operation has timed out

Unless it has something to do with inactivity?
Source(8) - Video Source Stopped due to inactivity there’s alot of those, how do you disable those?

When the camera is not used for motion detection or recording the connection is closed down to save energy and CPU load. Enable motion detection or recording and check if that helps. I wait with the PM to after this test. If you do not want mo.det. or recording is is better to take the stream directly from the camera.
-Henrik

Is this advice still valid for upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.5.2?

Hi,
Can you be a little bit more specific.
Thanks,
Henrik