All sources gone

Hello,
I searched the topics and didn’t see anything on this, so I apologize if it’s already been asked elsewhere. I set up Netcam Studio last Friday, had a recording schedule and motion detection working for 6 sources, remote library viewing worked great from PCs and mobile, etc. Left it alone, and today I am told that there are no recordings since the day I set everything up, and I went into the server to check and all sources are gone, missing. No sources in the source selection menu, and view is blank in single view or multi view. My library location has also been blanked out in the config settings. However my user accounts are still intact. In the event log I see new recording files being created like normal, accompanied by the following error each time:

Error in VideoSource.NetCam.MJPEG.WorkerThread(): Error while converting Buffer to Image:System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS0012: The type ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly ‘Moonware.Common, Version=1.1.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for ‘Moonware.Core.ItemQueue.Add(Moonware.Common.ItemEntry)’ has some invalid arguments error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘object’ to ‘Moonware.Common.ItemEntry’ at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence) at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMappings, Type types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GenerateTempAssembly(XmlMapping xmlMapping, Type type, String defaultNamespace) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer…ctor(Type type, String defaultNamespace) at ..(String ) at ..() at ..() at ..(Int32 , LibraryItemType , String , Int64 , Double , DateTimeOffset , TimeSpan , Int32 , Bitmap ) at ..(Int32 , LibraryItemType , String , Int64 , Double , DateTimeOffset , TimeSpan , Int32 , Bitmap ) at Moonware.Core.Camera.StopRecording(PluginType reason) at Moonware.Core.Camera.ImageReceived(Object sender, VideoSourceImageReceivedArgs e) at ..(String , CookieContainer )

Then there’s a point at which the “starting a new file” events stop and I start seeing the following:

Exception in VideoSource.NetCam.WorkerThreadMJPEG() >> http://172.20.x.xx:xx/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Standard Exception Detail:The operation has timed out

In each “Exception in VideoSource.Netcam.WorkerThread” error the IP is a particular one of my cameras.

Has anyone gotten any similar issue?

Okay, I figured out that settings look like they’re cleared out if you launch the server while the service is running. So that’s out of the way- but now I have a bunch of recordings that aren’t showing up in web view, but I’ll make another topic for that.

Hello!
Which version do you use? In beta releases we have chanegd the way how library items are stored to disk.
As for recordings which aren’t showing up in library (in case if you change folder, reinstall app or loose settings somehow) - this is fixed, but being tested now. Will be released soon.
Thank you!

This issue was a known problem of 1.1.9 when having .NET 4.0 installed but not .NET 4.5

It has been fixed in 1.2.0 beta so that if works even if .NET 4.5 is not installed.

Please confirm that either upgrading or installing .NET 4.5 works for you.