Potential issue - Run service as Automatic or Automatic Delayed start

I’m using NCS 1.7.2 on Windows 7 Pro. I use the Windows Service for NCS, not NCS X. If the machine is rebooted or shut down and restarted via the start menu, everything comes back as expected, and recording continues etc. However, in the event of a hard reboot (power failure etc), the service does not restart when windows boots back up. Only way is to manually restart the service, or perform a warm reboot via the start menu. Service is set to auto start with windows, and after numerous testing, the service appears to not auto start only in the event of a hard reboot. Unsure how long he had been an issue, as I had a power cut last week and it only came to light then. Is this a bug in the software maybe? Appreciate any help @Henrik . Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks for information.
I have tested, tested, … and cannot recreate what you describe. When I pull the plug and start again I end up in “Windows Error recovery” and if I do nothing it start Windows in the normal way. After that NCS service is running (when set in Automatic) and also with motion detection if that was scheduled.
Are there any other services that should be running, but are not?
-Henrik

From what I can see, that is the only service that doesn’t restart following a hard boot. I even have the service set to restart if it stops (right click the service). Only I haven’t done is a clean re-install…

Test to set it in Delayed Automatic. If there are many services and many cameras to fire up this might be the problem.

1 Like

Now that worked! I will test it again a few times over the next few days and report back :slight_smile: Thank you @Henrik

1 Like

@Henrik Multiple more tests today and the delayed start seems to have fixed it. Thank you :slight_smile: Maybe a future version could set this during install? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had this issue in the past. I will set NCS to Delayed Start on the service and report back.

1 Like