Recordings being in green monochrome - bright light generates recordings

Hi Henrik,
recent issue is that my camera freezes and the recordings stop. If I go back to edit video
source and just hit the tick without changing the settings it recovers. Sometimes it takes a few goes, perhaps flipping between RTSP_TCP and RTSP_HTTP, either seems to work. Last night when the last recording registered it was just before midnight. Are there automatic actions in Windows that can disrupt the datastream, and even so why doesn’t it just retry like I do manually?

thanks for all your previous help
kind regards
Frank

Hi Frank,
Windows updates can certainly play some tricks on us, but that usually is noticed when NCS restarts.

When NCS do not show a video stream or it is frozen it usually depends on two things:
-lost connection to camera via LAN or wifi. NCS try to reconnect and when LAN or wifi is back again the streaming cintinous. Look in the Event Viewer where the reconnection is listed.
-corrupt data stream. When the camera is connected to NCS with the rtsp protocol to get video and audio the signal is compressed (encoded) with the h.264 (or h.265) algorithm. In NCS this data stream is decoded to video and audio and is shown as a streaming video. When that data stream gets corrupt for some reason the decoder cannot work anymore and the video stops. To get this to work again the encoding/decoding must be reset by disconnect/connect the camera or reboot the camera.
Test to switch data stream between rtsp_,tcp or rtsp_,udp if that solves the problem.
Upgrade firmware in camera and improve wifi signal strength usually helps.

If audio is not necessary I recommend to switch to use the mjpeg data stream if the camera support that. Mjpeg is much less sensitive to data errors. It use a little bit more bandwidth, but that is usually not a problem.

–Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I suspect it was the last windows update as that also screwed up my printer scanners. While I was trying to fix the problem Microsoft sent me a new update “to fix some bugs” and miraculously the scanners worked.

I changed to rtsp_udp and it has held up OK since, so maybe that will be OK, if not I’ll try MJPEG

thanks
Frank