The media could not be loaded with LIVE type on Mobile

When I choose “LIVE” in streaming mode on Mobile (iPhone, iPad, Android, etc…). I can not connect to Camera:
“The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or bsecause the format ís not supported”

If I access on PC (via IE, Firefox, Chrome…), run ok.
Pls support me how to process. I need streaming on Mobile with “LIVE” mode.

Regards,
Jenny

Hi Jenny!
Thanks for the info! Is this a new installation or did this happened when you upgraded?
Is it working if you for Streaming mode select JPEG or MJPEG?
-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

thanks for reply :slight_smile:
Now I’m using NCS license for 64 source, lastest version.
If I select streaming mode JPEG or MJPEG, Camera working. If I select streaming mode LIVE on mobile, it is not working. How to process?
Live online: 27.118.26.2:8100
Username: henrik
Password: henrik

Regards,
Jenny

Hi Jenny
Thanks for the link!!
Yes, these streaming formats are really my favorites, not! Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
However, I use Android and web client in Chrome and it streams fine in JPEG and MJPEG, but not always in Live. Sometimes it gets in the correct mode and sometimes not. It also seems to be a difference between computers. We have had problems with this and there are some changes in streaming in NCS 1.3.7. It is not an official version yet, but you can test if you want here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2imt9ghqxwnwak/ncs-inst-x64.exe?dl=0

In the NCS Android App it works fine as well as in the mobile web client. Can you use jpeg or mjpeg formats in meantime?

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,

I want use LIVE streaming mode because this streaming mode is very smooth. I have installed NCS 1.3.7 open beta but LIVE streaming mode can not work :frowning:
My server need setup ffmpeg or other encoder?
I hope you can process this problem.

Regards,
Jenny

Hm,
ffmpeg comes with NCS so that is installed. In the Settings - Coding/Encoding - Streaming formats (Live) you select different formats. Test if that might help. It should be on h.264
-Henrik

Hm…
Not work :frowning:

Regards,
Jenny

Then I have to forward this to our developers to take a closer look. We will be back as soon as possible.
@Steve
-Henrik

Hi Jenny!
I made some more thorough tests about this which gave the following results.
NCS 1.3.7 is running on an Intel dual core Celeron. I have an external web cam and an external microphone connected. In this setup the sound is of main interest. Webcam mostly for checking who is talking and also to mix video and sound together in NCS. For streaming Live the setting is H264_AAC. H264_MP3 work also, but with lower sound quality.

My “receiver” is an Android running version 4.4. Using:

1. Chrome version 52:
  • Streaming mode is JPEG. Video:; yes, Audio: yes
  • Streaming mode is MJPEG. Video: yes. Audio: no
  • Streaming mode is Live. Video: yes. Audio: yes. In this mode it takes a considerable longer time for the stream to start which I assume have to to with the h.264 decoding in my tablet.
  1. Browser version 4.4:
  • Streaming mode is JPEG. Video:; yes, Audio: no
  • Streaming mode is MJPEG. Video: no. Audio: no
  • Streaming mode is Live. Video: yes. Audio: yes. In this mode it takes a considerable longer time for the stream to start which I assume have to to with the h.264 decoding in my tablet.

These streaming modes are very sensitive and especially more advanced formats like h.264 everything must be correct. The most stable result was with Chrone version 52. In earlier versions of Chrome this was not stable. Firefox where usually everything works did not perform well here and is nothing to recommend. Clear the Cache for the browser can often fix the problem.

-Henrik

The recent android devices should accept our default live streams but apple devices won’t.

This is why the live mode is not available through the mobile app neither. To support all devices, we would actually have to encore in multiple formats in parallel which is very intensive for the cpu. There is no magic format / stream that actually works for all devices at the same time.