NetcamStudio Android / Login failed: Timeout has occured

Hello,
I’m testing NetcamStudio and it seems great.
I’ve installed it as a Windows service, with SSL certificate and configured port forwarding on my router.

The Windows Client is working well.
The Web Client, with Firefox on Windows is working well with SSL in my LAN.
The Web Client, with Chome on my Android phone is working well with SSL, in my LAN with Wifi and also in 4G through port forwarding.

But, the Android Client (on a Sony XZ1 Compact) gives “Login failed: Timeout has occured”, even over Wifi in my LAN.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Hi,
You have done a great job with all that!
You have pinpointed the thing that do not work. Here is the guide for the process Running Netcam Studio Server on SSL / HTTPS - Windows 7 and 10
I assume that you have used a self signed certificate for testing. Using the NCS App do not work with self signed certificate in Android. It is a problem with the Android OS. It works for some versions and for some versions not. It always work with iOS.
We worked through this for some months ago and find this discrepancy. At that time the user bought a certificate for 8 USD and then it worked.
-Henrik

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. I’ve generated a self signed CA certificate and a SSL Certificate matching the CA and corresponding to the DynDNS name I use.
I’ve succeeded in installing the CA certificate in Android trusted CA certificates.
Now, when I use Chrome on Android, I’ve no more warning message, https is green, like any bought certificate!
It is strange that NetcamStudio Android can’t use it… It is surely possible… Perhaps for a future version…
Regards,
Laurent

What version of Android is it?

Just found interesting page : https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2016/07/changes-to-trusted-certificate.html

To trust user-added CAs for Android API Level >= 24, add

<network-security-config>
<base-config>
<trust-anchors>
<!-- Trust preinstalled CAs -->
<certificates src=“system” />
<!-- Additionally trust user added CAs -->
<certificates src=“user” />
</trust-anchors>
</base-config>
</network-security-config>

in application Network Security Config… Would be great if you can try this in a beta version! Hope this helps…

Laurent

Hi,

I’ve Android 8.0.0

Laurent

Thanks, I forward this!

Hello,
Any news about this?
Laurent