10 JPG images to NetCam Studio

Hi there

I have a series of 10 JPG images that I would like to display on a feed. These images update 1 per minute and cycle

What is the best way to publish these in order to display them on Netcam studio?

Thank you
Paul

Hi Paul,
Sorry but I am not sure if I understand this. How are the images generated? Cameras or …
-Henrik

The Images are downloaded from a website and stored on my local PC as Picture1.jpg, Pictures2.jpg. I am able to generate a local webpage with the following script.

body, input { font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; } Animation

Created By using SeqDownload

If I point netcam studio to my internal web page, it does not pick up the Java player unfortunately.

What I am able to do is pick up, the Jpeg from loca via

But there is a set of 10 images that I would like to view.

hope that helps?

Paul

Ok, now understand. That will most likely not work. NCS is not a viewer of pictures and do not include a web server in that sense. NCS works with streaming media from a camera or media server. So passively pic a picture from a website will not works. I suggest that you connect directly to the camera.
This is just an idea and I have no idea it will work.
This is a picture that I generated with Capture from a camera connected to NCS.

There you have the location of the file and the name of the file. If you can name your picture file like that and copy it to the correct location in the Library and the re-index NCS so the database pics up that name, then it might be possible that NCS can show it in the Gallery :slight_smile: You trick NCS to think that it is a picture generated by Capture from a camera.

Another suggestion is to connect the cameras to NCS at the airport and let NCS by generated/embedded html code publish the pictures on a website. Then you have the pictures in NCS from start and can do whatever with the pictures using the windows or web client for NCS.

Another way is to have NCS at the Airport for the cameras and then have NCS on another external computer and let NCS/airport and NCS/external communicate with each other.

Why do you need NCS for this?

Good luck. Interesting project so keep posting whatΒ΄s happening :slight_smile:

-Henrik

Thank you for the suggestions. The reason for doing this is to add local cams to the software so I can display them on my PC at home / Iphone / Ipad without the need to going to all the different pages .

As you can see I have ability to see the JPG cam (updates every 10 mins) on the first camera, but can not see pic2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (1 per min). Im using seqdownload to the pictures locally and I could use ffmpeg (if I can workout how to get 10 jpgs to mjpeg) to create a stream / movie to then add the url link back to NCS.

Paul

The camera can send a picture by its normal stream every 10 minutes to NCS. Obviously it can generate pictures every minute to the web site. Why cannot the camera also send pictures every minute to NCS by the normal way?

The cam is set to take jpg once every 1 min and outputs to a different file name each time. I have no access to the source of the local cam to change it. I have the URL of each image it generates.

β€œhttps://sojpublicdata.blob.core.windows.net/jerseymet/Webcam/Airport_00001.jpg”

β€œhttps://sojpublicdata.blob.core.windows.net/jerseymet/Webcam/Airport_00002.jpg”

β€œhttps://sojpublicdata.blob.core.windows.net/jerseymet/Webcam/Airport_00003.jpg”

and so on…

Paul

Ideas

Hello Again Henrick

Well Inow have a script working !

C:\Users\Quark\Desktop\ffmpeg-20190119-32fb83e-win64-static\bin\ffmpeg.exe -r 1/5 -start_number 0 -i F:\Server\Downloads\seqdownload\download\Airport_%%05d.jpg -c:v libx264 -r 30 -pix_fmt yuv420p β€œC:\Users\Quark\Desktop\ffmpeg-20190119-32fb83e-win64-static\bin\out.mp4” -y

What this does is merge all the Jpeg files (10 of them) and creates a file called out.mp4

Schedule task runs every 10 mins and creates a new mp4.

Now to tidy up and move to a new location on my PC and not on my desktop :slight_smile:

Excellent! I hope this will help some more users!
-Henrik

Me too :slight_smile:

Thank you
Paul

1 Like