Adding the 5th Camera

I guess i am going to get a 5th camera.

Is there a way for me to upgrade my 4 camera license to the next level up at a reduced charge?

Hi Graham,
Good, more cameras we like :slight_smile: License issues are handled by our support so contact them here Netcam Studio - Network Camera Surveillance Software
-Henrik

Well the answer is that there is no upgrade path. But it gets worse.

They want me to purchase another 4 camera license in order to get to 16 sources - which means I will have spent $100 instead of the $75 a 16 camera license costs. Not a very good way to treat your customers IMO.

I’m confused, how does adding 4 to 4 get you to 16? And in this case you’d be cheaper to buy a 16 license, blow your install away completely and start a new one.

Glad you asked this question though, this is exactly what I was debating. I currently have 4 cameras and am getting ready to purchase a license and was debating whether to go with the 4 or 16 for future use. If it’s going to cost me more money to “upgrade” later than it would to just do it now, I guess there’s my answer.

Well, the issue seems to arise from the ways that they have to purchase licenses and the fact that it has no flexibility. I have a 4 camera license. The next step up is 16. I was told that if I bought another 4 camera license and sent them receipts for (2) 4 camera licenses that they would send me a 16 camera license. In hindsight I wish I had bought the 16 camera license. Buying (2) 4 camera licenses is more expensive.

I retired a few old cameras to stay under the 4 camera limit. I have been told that upgrade licenses may be available in the future.