Are you planning to upgrade the icons (graphics)? My honest opinion, they look terrible and somewhat reminds me of Windows 3.1 icons.
I don’t know if there are any limitation of colors and/or ideas, but they do not look very sleek and minimalistic which i think they should.
You don’t have to fill all the available options on the bar on top just make them available. and you should have an option to “hide icons/buttons”. It may look messy for some users.
Things to consider making it a more pleasant to work with is:
- Consider is to have the possibility to customize where they should be located.
- Move “source ordering " to settings”
- Move “connected users” to settings
- Change icon for “Access control” looks very much like a “system settings” or similar configuration symbol.
- Move “notification and sync” to settings
- Move “generate html” to settings
- Change icon for “Rule Manager”. Looks very “RED ALERT / CRITICAL”.
- Change the “Global Variables” icon. " T " what is that really? No meaning at all with that symbol.
- Create a dedicated “Log / Event” pane with “users connected”, “Server status”, “license control”, etc
- Move “Enter license” under “About” ( the " I "). The Key symbol if often taken for encryption / decryption, change it plz.
- " I " for about? Well, I’m out of words…
If Netcam Studio is going to be used for professional services I will have to look professional. The logo (owl) update was a real good one, but there is a lot of work left to do until it looks smooth and intuitive.
If you need any assistance with creating new icons, feel free to ask.