Error on reinstall

I’m a longtime user; 5 years or more. My computer (Dell Latitude E6410) locked up. Upon restart it would not run NetCam Studio.
I get “object reference not set to an instance of an object” fatal error in the startup log.

I have repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled, installed new version and old versions. Still get tin same error upon startup.

Help please!

Steve Q

Hi Steve,
I see that you have done a lot, but not a clean installation. Probably it messed up the server configuration file. When you do the above a couple of files are not changed so it will be easy to update. In C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server these files below are left. So start with the installation program and click on Remove. After Remove is finished go to the folder above and delete all files that are left

If you have a lot of recordings in Library you can leave them and reindex back into NCS after the installation is finished. The file Lic.dat can also be saved, but it depends on if you have changed any hardware after what happened. Most likely it is the Server file that is damaged. But to be sure remove it all. Run the installation program again and you should have new files and NCS will start again.

Good luck,
Henrik