Everything stopped working after server reboot

So its been running okay for several days, and had everything set up to run under SSL.

A routine reboot today and everything has broken. Why would this be?

This is what I get when I try to log into the client app locally on the server:

Only error in C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server\Logs seem to be this:

Information 14:30:34.397 RuleManager Initializing Rule Manager from file C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server\Rules.xml 396 85.93MB
Information 14:30:34.428 WebServer Initializing Web Server 398 85.96MB
Error 14:30:34.506 WebServer Error initializing Web Server
Exception Detail:An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 449 86.98MB
Information 14:30:34.506 MoonwareCore Web Server started on port 8100 449 86.99MB

Well, that is expected.
There is nothing like a “routine reboot”. Never ever make just a reboot on a real-time operating system/software. When Windows reboot it just make an end process and don´t care what is going on so it is equal to a crash. Most certainly open files will be corrupted. Most likely these files are effected
Maybe also the config files where the changes were made for the certificate. So use the backup and you should be up in no-time again.
-Henrik

With all due respect, your reply is absolute nonsense.

For a start, if it were true, then you’re saying that Netcam Studio may completely break the day you have a power cut. Or Windows Update decides to install something. Or whatever. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be acceptable to most end users.

More importantly, Windows does not just ‘make an end proceess’ when being rebooted. It notifies services that Windows is about to shut down so they can shutdown gracefully. It is nothing like a crash.

I’ve been writing C# software for decades so have quite a lot of experience in this field.

Hi,
Yes, I know that you are a very skilled software programmer and I was maybe a little bit to harsh in my comments about this. However, this was discussed in this forum for quite a long time ago and at that time it was also with a skilled programmer that has been working for many years and followed how Windows OS have changed in the sense how it handle reboots. He was very clear on that a controlled reboot has changed from a nice exit of programs to a much more “end process” type of reboot where open files are not closed in a controlled way. That’s why my comments how this affects NCS.

In the production systems that I manage and that runs on windows OS I always disable the WIndows Update Service so that I can control these automatic restart processes that windows like to handle by itself.

Concerning the login failed above it might be to simple, but is the checkbox for https enabled? What did this routine reboot do?

-Henrik