Exception errors - Object reference not set

Hi, we’ve been getting this error on our servers. It started a week ago and we thought maybe was the old hardware + last windows updates. After setting a new PC 3 days ago, it started again. If i try to make any action, the box open and the options are continue or reset. With the old pc, when i restarted the box started opening at the start up and didn’t let the cameras iniciate.

at the bottom: Object reference not set to an instance of object

At the detais this is the error:

************** Texto de Exceção **************
System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.
em ..(UserInformation )
em ..(Object , EventArgs )
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
em DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
em DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs ev)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
em DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
em DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This happens at all actions, like acessing the acess controll, the live view, settings and etc. Any help would be great!

Hi,
Always something new :slight_smile:. I did a search on the errors and it has to do with problems in .Net Framework that Netcam Studio use. Net Framework is part on Windows and for some time ago there was an update of that and then the problems started. Here are some suggestions and you have to test what works.
-from the picture is seems that NCS is running with a cpu load of 20%. If you run NCS as a service and connect with the web client is that working? I am interested since the error text seems to have with the graphics interface to do.
-you can uninstall the latest uöpdate of net framework 4.8 and see if that works. Then install that update again.
-uninstall net framework 4.8 completely. Download a new version and install.
–download net framework 4.8 alternativ 5 and install that or do a repair.

-Henrik

Hi!

I tried to uninstall NET FRAMEWORK updates but it didn’t work. The web client still works, so I’ve been using Netcam Studio Client on the pc to make all the updates on the server.

Still, I’ll try to do something about NET FRAMEWORK within the next few days.

Since all works apart from the GUI above test to do a Repair from the installation program.
Also, stop NCS and
-go to C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Moonware and delete all.
-go to C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Moonware and delete all.