I don't receive push notifications



Coming from here:

I though that after clearing old devices in netcam.security.xml I would finally get notifications in my new phone, but that’s not the case. What I see:

  • The new phone has appeared in netcam.security.xml the moment I disabled/enabled push notifications in the android app. And I remember how after installing the app in the new phone it asked me if I wanted it to register for push notifications. Good.
  • I see in the server logs how the push notification is supposedly “sent to 1 device(s)”…

… but I don’t see them in my phone.

Any ideas?


Wait for 24h and see if it starts. The server works in 24h sessions so it might be that.


Once I rember, I had a similar problem with receiving emails. Sending was done without any error, but no email was received. The problem seamed to be dependent of/in the email address format. If the email address does not have a “.” (point character) in the name bevor the “@” character, then this phenomen was there; with a normal naming (a.b@x.y) the email was received orderly and fine.


No way… After 48h, I still don’t receive push notifications… Is there something “checkable” in push server?


Reinstall NCS (remove and install again). This have helped in most cases. I will also check the server.


If you talk about the android app, I’ve done so twice… Do you mean my Windows server?


Sorry, I mean the software Netcam Studio. You can do this in two ways.

Read ALL before doing anything.

1.start installation program for NCS and select remove.

2.install NCA again.

3.All settings and cameras are still configured.

If you want to do a clean installation, totally start from the beginning, do the following:

4.start installation program and select remove.

5.go to C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server and delete all. OBS. If you have a licensed version keep the file Lic.dat. Also if you have a lot of recordings keep that folder. You will need to connect the cameras again so have that information available.

6.install NCS again and configure it.



Thanks. I’ll try later keeping all settings.


Ok. I finally found the way to solve my problem. :slight_smile:

I reinstalled windows NCS keeping settings, but it didn’t solve the issue.

Then I though to try an install Android App in a different phone, and it worked as expected. I received push notifications. This way I was sure that windows server was working Ok. It had to be my phone.

So I decided to start over with my main phone, but this time erasing the config through Android settings “erase app data”, not using the own app “erase settings”… Reconfigured and started to receive push notifications ok…

I don’t know what happened… but problem solved! :slight_smile:


There is magic in the air tonight :slight_smile:
Thanks for reporting back!


BTW, you could put some handsome icon for the notification… :slight_smile: Currently there’s a simple white empty square… :slight_smile: