Issues connecting to server (with client and web)

I have successfully installed the server on a windows server 2008 sever. Works fine locally (eg studio x). It opened the 8100 and 8124 ports in the server firewall. I added an account (badger) because the admin account wouldn’t work. I call up the studio client on another computer (win 7). It does not connect, it does not issue an error. If I use the “wrong” IP address (as a test) it does throw an error. When I look at the connected users tab on studio x it shows the badgerb user connected for a few movements. But within seconds it gets disconnected and I see this in the logs (on studio x):

Criticality Local / Server TimeStamp Source Description
09.12.2017 07:43:02.054 UserCollection.RefreshUsers Removed 1 User(s) from Active Sessions due to inactivity

I am clearly missing something…

Related issue (I assume) but when I try to connect from outside my lan (eg using the web client or my phone) it does essentially the same thing. I believe I have properly opened and forwarded the two ports. The web client tries to connect and in fact the name of “tab” in Internet explorer changes to say “netcam, studio” for a few moments, but it never connects. In the studio x log I see this:
09.12.2017 07:48:03.794 WebServer.ServerRequest New User connected: Anonymous from 96.92.xxx.xxx [6] (IP removed but it is correctly the web client PC;s IP)

then shortly after this:

09.12.2017 07:49:10.139 UserCollection.RefreshUsers Removed 1 User(s) from Active Sessions due to inactivity

I’m missing something :wink: any help appreciated… thanks

Just a quick one. Port 8120 is needed also.
-Henrik

Thanks for the quick response…

Sorry didn’t see that one in the docs but I added it to firewall on server (where studio x is running) and forwarded the port and opened that port in my firewall. Both the client on my LAN and the web client do the same thing – show briefly connected – but do nothing and get immediately disconnected for being “inactive”.

Hi,
Still problems? I am running server 2008R2 on a system and do not experience this.
-that admin account do not work is a warning. Make a clean installation of NCS.
-for server2008 the Desktop Experience must be enabled.
-connecting with web client or mobile app from WAN only port 8100 need to be forwarded in the router.
-Henrik