Latest upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803 affect WebcamXP and Netcam Studio

IMPORTANT! Microsoft’s latest upgrade to Windows 10 version 1803 affect WebcamXP/7 and Netcam Studio. In the PC Settings a new tab called Privacy is introduced. Go to camera and make sure that Apps are allowed to access your camera. This is for web cameras only. IP cameras have no problems.

-Henrik

I also had a weird issue where after the upgrade all my motion settings for one camera were deleted. This has never happened with NCS before so I’m attributing it to the Windows update, too.

1 Like

So, unfortunately, this problem is now persistent. I never had this issue before, but now on every reboot one camera loses its motion settings. I have four cameras total, and the other three are fine; the fourth camera completely resets all settings every time I reboot now - sensitivity, display bar position, algorithm, motion detection zones, everything gets set back to default.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi,
My first idea is to do am Manual Save abd see if that works. Second is to Disconnect that camera from NCS and then connect it again and see if that solves the problem. If not I would go to C:\ProgramData\Moonware\Netcam Studio\Server and delete the file Server.config. That file include settings for all cameras so you will have to Add the cameras again.

Thanks. Can you tell me how to do the manual save? I know you can go in to settings and click the disk icon for the normal settings, but for setting the camera motion settings you click the check mark and it saves the motion settings… so is there another step that will force a manual save?

Thank you!

No, that one was what I referring to. If you do other changes and use that saving button is that saved correct? If not it might be that the right to read/write to that file have changed.