Library Maximum Size Issue

Good day

I have a small issue, when I try to set the maximum size of the library to 1792 GiB it just resets it back to 1024 GiB.

Am I missing something?

I am using:
Netcam Studio (x64) v1.2.8.0
MS Server 2012 R2
DL320e G8

Thank you in advance.

Above 1024 you need to change the unit. so in this case you need to set 2TB.

Unfortunately there is no way to set something in between.

Hi

Thanks for the response. Problem is I only have 1.8TB available, not 2TB. I am using a retention period as well, I want it to start cleaning up if either of these are reached. I will play around a bit though.

Maybe you guys can include that in a later version?

Thanks for the help. :smile:

Maybe you can edit this directly in the Server.config file but the UI will not allow values above.

I have this exact same issue… 7 years later. I’ve been poking around config files, any idea which one this is stored in?

Hi,
If I set Max Library Size to 1792 GiB as in example above and Save and restart NCS it keeps that value in the settings

According to above it reset to 1024 in version 1.2.8, but not in present version 1.9.5

-Henrik

Hi Henrik, Sorry for the delay in my response.

I have done more testing here, and I have resolved the issue, but also have some funky behavior to report at the same time.

If I RDP into my camera server, stop the service, and then launch the camera server application, yes I can change the maximum library size to 1700GiB and save it successfully. Thanks for confirming that.

But, if I access netcam studio using the client application from my own win 10 work station, and try to change the Maximum library size using my admin creds, the above described behavior will still happen, it will still jump back to 1024 if you attempt to change the value. If you click into the field and click out without modifying it, the original value will remain, but if you change anything, it will default to 1024. Hope this is helpful, and thanks for helping me get this resolved.

Yes, there are some fishy things going on there.
Thanks,
Henrik