Live video stream encoder setting retention

I’m impressed with Netcam Studio and how its working but I have one query regarding the live stream encoder. I know that others have asked about this and been told that it doesn’t do anything.

However, I’ve found that although it appears to be selected off permanently changing the stream format drop box does indeed have an effect on the stream created using the internal generate HTML code option. I have been trying to get a stream that will work in most browsers and found that selecting webm_opus allows it to work in Edge, Firefox and Chrome whereas leaving it at the default H264 doesn’t give support for all these browsers.

My Question is: Is there a way to save the format setting since it appears to go back to H264 after the server has been stopped or started?

Donald

Hi Donald,
Yes, it goes back to H264 after restart. It should be saved. I have to check with the developers.
Thanks,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Thanks, my server stays on most of the time so its not a big deal but it would be nice if it was saved.

Regards,

Donald

Hi Henrik,

Further to my original comment about the video stream setting I’ve noticed that going in to the Edit Video Source menu, then saving it (even if you made no changes) sets the video stream encoder back to H264.

Regards,

Donald