Moving Netcam Studio - What about GUIDs?

My VM that was running Netcam Studio failed on me for various reasons. However, I made a new, installed Windows, Netcam Studio, and copied over the config files from the old machine, so I was up and running in a couple of hours.

However, the users I couldn’t find anywhere. No problem, I recreated them. BUT the GUIDs where re-generated, so camera URLs using the GUID auhentication method (only for local access) does not work anymore!

Is there a way to make a user and acutally choose the GUID?

Hi!
That you must explain a little bit more so I understand better. A picture or two is usually good ;).
-Henrik

All users have a authorization token (a GUID) that can be used to get an image without having to “log in” first. Like this:
http://a_netcam_studio_server:8100/Jpeg/0?authToken=d59ecd0c-78c3-4650-80a3-d29f47ed5a2d

This GUID cannot be changed, however. But I want to, so I don’t have to change every URL that uses that GUID method. :slight_smile:

Aha, thanks. I wasn´t aware of that GUID was the token. However, never stop learning :slight_smile: The problem for you was that the system crashed and usually that comes with some extra work. Tokens are generated by the system and cannot be chosen.
-Henrik

Sure. I just want to limit that work. :slight_smile:

1 Like