Netcam Studio 2 Saving exporting video files

I don’t see how or what kind of PC you need for a 64 Sources key As someone in this field if your recording 24/7 on motion it will lag. I would like to see an 8 or better 10 key down the road so we can split 8 cams per server.

I have a high end pc here and a high end laptop and running 16 cams with motion on in a busy location is not working to well. I even went back with just default settings and it made it lag even more. I had to drop down settings low for cpu to stay stable.

Don’t get me wrong I live NCS it is great and moving forward I hope some of the stuff works it’s self out. It is working great here at my home and the office cameras.

I can sell this it small business and home owners. Large scale for the shopping plaza I do not think it is going to work out. We would have to spilt it on 2 pc’s.

I had a few hangups running as a service it stopped and could not be restarted a few times.
Maybe it needs a watchdog to keep or restart the server if it hangs up.

The market have very rapidly developed during the last year or two where 2, 3, 4, 5 MP cameras are available to very affordable prices. Running 64 of these cameras in contusion mode or in motion detection in 25 fps will not work. However, for a couple of years ago it was 640x480 that was affordable and with MD and 10 fps it worked with a high-end pc. A high end PC today is an i7 quad core 3,4 GHz processor with SSD and at least 8 GB of RAM. There you also have possibility for hardware acceleration like Quicksync. A user reported that NCS got faster, but it sent the CPU load rather high which I don´t think is problem.

Even though MP cameras are much more affordable today one must ask if it necessary to have them? MP cameras usually comes with a large viewing angle. If one use motion detection how will that affect noise levels, objects on distance, alternative motion detection algorithms, … Lets go back to 640x480. It was much easier in the good old days :wink: Just kidding, but seriously putting all high end stuff together will not work in the end.

Considering your hangups there are some discussions in a couple of other posts with the same problem and it is under investigation.

We never wanted to add any kind of watchdog because It should not hang up and wasn’t however with this 1.5.1 we have 2 existing cases which both seem related to having cameras where audio is connected / not working.

Please verify the logs of netcam studio and ensure that you don’t have audio connected for some cameras where it’s anyway not working / reporting errors. Until we figure out the root cause of this it should at least fix the problem.

Well 1.5.2 Seems better but in testing this AM . But We can no longer can use EasyCAP USB2.0 Video Adapter for hard wired cameras. I will need to roll back to 1.5.0 for now if we do not get them working today. It has been working just fine for weeks with every build. I checked with other software the EasyCAP USB2.0 Video Adapter are working just fine. There are a lot of places and stores we service that use hard wired cameras and we need a way to tab in and EasyCAP USB2.0 Video Adapter work great for that. I will play around with it a bit today to see if it starts to work.

Most of usb devices work only in 32-bit version.

Are you sure that it’s not just because you switched from 32 to 64-bit ?

Nothing has changed regarding how we handle usb devices even since 1.3.x version.

No you’re right there is something preventing the Local Sources to start due to the new 1.5.2 feature allowing to pause / restart sources.

Looking forward to fix very quickly.

I’ve uploaded a fixed 1.5.2 so if you re-download / re-install, your USB sources should work normally now.

1 Like