New PTZ camera - PTZ controls not working properly

Thanks. This partially fixes the issue. The Aztec connects fine and pan and tilt work correctly but no zoom. The other 3 models either no connection or audio only.

Looking more closely at the ONVIF profiles for this camera they only offer UDP.

1 Like

Having the same issue. SV3C SD8POE-5MP-HX (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Microphone-Security-Surveillance-Recording/dp/B088B7Y3Q7).

The custom url is showing as rtsp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@192.168.0.222:554/12 and the stream is RTSP_UDP.

Roger

Hi Roger,
Test to change /12 to /11 in your Custom URL. You might need to login to the camera to fine-tune the stream for /11 which usually is the main stream.
If that works test to use the preset templates for the four cameras above.
-Henrik

Hi Henrik

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s using /12 as I am using the lower resolution secondary feed (for small window on monitor) rather than the high resolution /11.

I tried switching it to /11 and I get a feed but when I try all four Network Camera options I just get ‘Connection failed’ for each of them. When using ONVIF and I get the profiles apart from the JPEG ones they are all RTSP_UDP, does that mean it does not support TCP?

Roger

Probably. In Custom URL switch rtsp_udp to rtsp_tcp and connect. Login to the camera and check if tcp is pissible. Usually cameras support both.

In the Custom URL tab I can select RTSP_TCP with either /11 or /12 and I get a display.

I then tried the four network cameras and I get a picture on all of them now, but the PTZ controls do not work at all on any of them.

Then that camera have another set of ptz commands that we don’t have, sorry. I really hope we can have a solution soon.

1 Like

My camera is a MISECU XM530_R80X50-PQ_8M 5mp.

It connects with ONVIF but PTZ does not work.

Hi,
Yes, we have a problem with ONVIF-PTZ. We are looking into this.

1 Like

I have this camera from amazon.

BIOXO PTZ

I am having the same problem that others are. The camera gets the move command but never stops. I connected with ONVIF. Tried both PTZ Modes.

Custom URL is rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.33/main. using RTSP_TCP.

Does Anyone have this camera working?

Thanks

Hi,
It’s in the process to correct this!
It turns out that the ONVIF standard is not a standard.
I checked the preset templates, but none have that URL and PTZ commands.
-Henrik

Great!

Thanks for the Response. Other than this small annoyance I have found NCS to be very reliable and easy to get set up. Great job to the developers and support.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Henrik . Any progress in resolving this issue with ONVIF/PTZ ? I’m having the same problem on a ReoLink E1 Pro.

In the specs on their web site for the Reolink E1 Pro there is nothing about support for ONVIf?

Have you tested to use ONVIF Device Manager, copy the ONVIF discoveriy URL and paste that into the top field in the tab for ONVIF Source. Do not click on Browse!
Enter credentials with no special characters and click on Get Profiles. Do not look at the camera in the App at the same time.
What’s the response?

Thank you Henrik! I was unaware of the ONVIF Device Manager software and followed your instructions to adjust the URL on the ONVIF source tab in NCS. Now PTZ works great!

Thank you for the quick response and have a great day!

Excellent!
Thanks,
Henrik