New system, same configuration, higher CPU usage

Going from a 7-year old system to a new computer. First program installed and transferred the full configuration. The new system is running higher on the CPU than the old one. The main reason I upgraded was to add additional cameras and get off of running in the 90%s on CPU.

Old

• i7-4770 @ 3.4Ghz
  • 16GB memory
  • Win 10 64-bit

New

• i7-9700 @ 3Ghz
  • 16GB memory
  • Win 10 64-bit

The performance benchmark for the the new CPU is 40% faster.

Possibly the new Netcam is not configured optimally. I have 13-14 cameras up and running.

Hi,
Yes, that can probably happen since the CPU was the limiting factor in the old system. The new Netcam Studio is much more efficient and together with a more powerful CPU you get a better performance in total, but still to heavy load (cameras) for the new CPU. In general check the resolution and frame rate from the cameras and the recording frame rate. Also in Settings of decoding and encoding change to hardware acceleration since that will help give a better performance at a high CPU load. Check in the Task Manager so the GPU is running after a change of settings.
-Henrik

If you run as a service the CPU load will go down, at least that happened with my laptop. I7-4700HQ 16GB

Yes, thanks for the reminder.
If you run NCS with many cams and a high cpu load I recommend to run NCS as a Service and if possible connect with the windows client from another computer. Have the Task Manager running and it is clear what is consuming cpu resources.
-Henrik