Not able to connect my camera to NCS: Hikvision DS-2CD2045FWD-I

Hi everyone,
I use NCS for my compagnie for quite sometime now and everything work fine. Today, i try to connect one more camera to the software and have issue. I get time out when testing connection and never able to get the image. Here some key informations:

Camera: Hikvision DS-2CD2045FWD-I
I ping the camera on my network
I can acces the camera via google chrome
I reset the camera to default AND change IP and PORT
I try different video preset.

This camera seem to be the only one with this model #. Is that why i can configure it ?

I’m a little bit clueless now…need some help.
Thanks a lot

Hi,
I love Hikvision since always use the same URL to connect to the camera :slight_smile: Use the tab for Custom URL and set stream type to rtsp_tcp. The Address is
Main stream
rtsp://username:password@cameraIP:554/Streaming/Channels/101
Sub stream
rtsp://username:password@cameraIP:554/Streaming/Channels/102

Make sure you use h264 for video encoding in the camera. If you are using high resolution think about the bitrate from the camera since that will consume cpu resources.
You can also use the tab for ONVIF Source, but then you must enable ONVIF in the camera configuration since that seems to be OFF by default for some reason.

-Henrik

First of all, thanks a lot for your quick answer.

I try both solutions and i always have the connection failed message… am i doing something wrong ?

The password cannot contain any special characters like ? & % etc. Only letters snd numbers.
Test also the URL in VLC.
Rtsp use port 554.

OHHHH great. Everything work with custom URL and new password ! Thanks a lot for your time !

1 Like