Older versions? distortion in the live and recorded video

HI,
I have been having problems with some of my cameras pixelating ever since I upgraded to 1.8.0. Is it possible to get a copy of 1.7.2 to see if they return to working proper to help trouble shoot?

Steve

Hi Steve,
Sorry, but no. We don´t support older versions. How about the latest version 1.9.1?
What camera is it?
-Henrik

Hi Henrik,
I am currently using 1.9.1. The cameras I am having the issue with are Amcrest Ip2m-841 and Jooan JA-703ERA’s. I have others but they seem to be working ok. I have checked the video connecting direct to them, using the companies supplied android apps and VLC. All produce perfect video. Here is an example of what I am seeing.

Steve

Hi Steve,
This is typical when there are to many bit errors in the data stream. Check this:
-if the picture is from cam using wifi the wifi signal is low. Test to decrease fps and/or resolution.
-bit stream or fps is low.
-probably the camera is connected to NCS with rtsp_udp protocol. Change to rtsp_tcp which use error correction to get rid of bad bits.

-Henrik

Hi Henrik,
You were spot on about some of my cameras set to rtsp_udp. I changed to rtsp_tcp and they cleared up. I have one more problem that I have been seeing with some of the recordings. As the motion progresses it leaves artifacts of pixelation behind. I know it’s not a problem with my network connection. Cameras are direct connected to 1g network to the computer. Here is an example of what I am seeing.

Steve

The decoding process might need more power if the cpu load is high. Go to settings and change to hardware acceleration for both encoding and decoding. Also enable multi-threading.
-Henrik

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for the tips. I seem to have all those problems worked out. Is there going to be an updated manual soon explaining all the new enhancements?

Steve

Well, I must agree with you on that one :slight_smile: It’s in the pipeline … I think it will be more of a guide with many "how to … " with examples to show what happens when a parameter is changed.
-Henrik