Opinions on this system i7-9700 and GeForce RTX 2070?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-intel-core-i7-9700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-1tb-hdd-512gb-solid-state-drive-shadow-black-dark-chrome-logo/6370810.p?skuId=6370810

Needing horsepower to support 6 Reolink 5mp cameras, 1 Hikvision 3mp, 2 older panasonic wireless BL-C121 and 3 Wireless Foscam PTZ…

Windows 10 operating system

Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Learn more ›

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9700 processor

Powerful eight-core, eight-way processing performance. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it, while increasing energy efficiency when you don’t.

16GB system memory for intense multitasking and gaming

Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.

1TB hard drive and 512GB solid state drive (SSD) for a blend of storage space and speed

The hard drive provides ample storage, while the SSD delivers faster start-up times and data access.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER graphics

Driven by 8GB GDDR6 dedicated video memory to quickly render high-quality images for videos and games.

6 SuperSpeed 5Gbs USB 3.1 ports

Ultra-fast data connections to transfer large files rapidly.

Next-generation wireless connectivity

Connects to your network or hotspots on all current Wi-Fi standards. Connect to a Wireless-AC router for speed nearly 3x faster than Wireless-N. Gigabit LAN port also plugs into wired networks.

Bluetooth 4.2 interface syncs with compatible devices

Wirelessly transfer photos, music and other media between the desktop and your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone or MP3 player, or connect Bluetooth wireless accessories.

Additional ports

Microphone and headphone jacks.

Note: This computer does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.

Hi,
Ha ha, that is a real stallion you got hold of there :slight_smile: That will certainly do the job.
Seriously that is of cause a very nice computer both with a powerful cpu and a top of the line graphics card. I hope you will run Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. The cameras itself will be no problems, but the challenge will be at which frame rate you will use for decoding and recording.
Another thing to look for is the configuration of the Nvidia card. In one system I have an older Nvidia Quadro and it can be configured/optimized for different applications. Check if streaming in one of the configurations. It made a difference in my system.
I am really looking forward to read more about this. You should also have the latest version of Netcam Studio not released yet for even better performance…

Good luck and thanks a lot for sharing!
Henrik

Thank you for your reply. I stumbled across this one also on a deep sale @ Dell… I may pick it up as opposed to the original post.

Tech Specs

Processor

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology)

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit English

Graphics Card

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 730 with 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory

Hard Drive

256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

Memoryi

8GB 1x8GB DDR4 2666MHz

Wireless

802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0, 1x1

Security Software

McAfee Small Business Security 12-month subscription, Digitally Delivered

Warrantyi

1 Year Hardware Service with In-Home/Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis

How do I get the most updated version of NCS you referenced?

Hi,
That´s sort of a different system. CPU is the same, but it´s a huge difference between the graphics card. The NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 730 is a standard card in Dell compared to the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. GT 730 is an early version, but I think it can both decode data from camera and encode when recording. Important part is the decoding. Good part is that if necessary you can buy another graphics card if you need later. The CPU has a high Passmark, about 16 000, that will take you a long way. So switch between decoding in CPU or in D3D that will give the best overall performance.

Good luck and looking forward to some results!
-Henrik

1 Like

We decided to release Netcam Studio 1.9.1 today so it will be out today or tomorrow.
-Henrik

1 Like