PTZ and Recording Quality Issues

Hello,

Hoping someone here can assist. I’m a new user of this software and have paid for a 4-camera license, but having some issues.

1. I cannot for the life of me get the PTZ to work. I have 2 different brands of camera. One which uses the “YooSee” application and another which uses the icSee application. Both of these cameras work correctly with some software called VMS Lite and were able to control the PTZ functions from a desktop. However, I seem to struggle with this an Netcam Studio - no control what-so-ever.

2. The video quality is VERY low in recordings. I’ve tried updating all the settings, but it’s really bad, almost impossible to use. What is going wrong here or what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,
First make sure the their ONVIF support PTZ controls and not only video/audio. If it does I recommend to download ONVIF Device Manager. Install and connect to the cams. In this meny you get the Discovery URL

Copy that URL and paste it into the field called Select ONVIF Source in the tab for ONVIF Source. Add credentials and click on Get Profiles. Test which PTZ mode that works.

Hi there,

Thanks for this info. It detects all 4 cameras, but one the specific cameras that are using Yoosee as their “native” application, do not seem to work properly with the software.

When choosing “Identification” it responds with “The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.”

Again, this software seems to work fine with the VMS Lite application, and that’s a third-party app… so there must be some other way to get this to work.

As for the camera which uses iCsee, then indeed, I can confirm that this matches up with the URI that of Netcam Studio.

The videos are working in the software and indeed it’s authenticated. On ANY of the cameras, if I enter the credentials and select “Get Profiles” I see the following:

But choosing “Contiunous” or “Relative” does nothing. Still no control.

Sorry but for some reason this forum doesn’t allow “new users” to upload images.

When you click on a PTZ button look in the Event logs in the top menu for any errors.

OnvifController.GetPTZ:

Error retrieving Onvif PTZ Profiles on http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8899/onvif/device_service
Exception Detail: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. —> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
— End of inner exception stack trace —

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Moonware.ONVIF.onvif20.ptz.PTZ.GetConfigurations(GetConfigurationsRequest request)
at Moonware.ONVIF.OnvifController.GetPtzProfile(String profileToken)

and

Error retrieving Onvif PTZ Profiles on http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8899/onvif/PTZ
Exception Detail: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly. —> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
— End of inner exception stack trace —

Thanks. I forward this to developer.
According #2. It should be the same as the input. Do a reset of the parameters to default. If still problems it can be some dll that’s damaged. Just do a reinstallation, uninstall-install, in the installation program.

Sorry for the delay in my response and thanks for yours!

I’ll give that a try, and get back to you here. I’m actually replacing those 3 cameras which don’t report anything in that ONVIF device manager software because at least this way, I’ll have 4 cameras which are all using the same hardware, instead of mix-matching.

Once I’ve done that, I think I’ll reinstall everything and go from there.

So, new cameras installed, totally uninstalled the software and re-installed it (and any dependencies) but still the recorded file quality is very bad and still no PTZ.

I had the quality set to the highest level, turned of VBR, turned off compression… everything set to what I would expect to be the “top” for quality… and other than locking up the software for about 30 seconds… nothing changed.

Is this just “abandonware” at this point? I’m actually even more frustrated, because it was my understanding that by purchasing a license, I would also have “Priority Support” but the team responsible for answer the “Support” form has not responded to any of my requests (2) for support.

I checked my spam folder every day since submitting the request and zero… nothing… nada.

I checked the support mail and no email from you. Use support@netcamstudio.com
For the bad quality of the recordings I have no answer. Go back to installation default settings and check and also configure settings that should result in bad quality and check if it’s the same.

1 Like

I have the same problem with aaronlroberts, yoosee cameras, bulb type and the PTZ does not work, the image looks good, sometimes it fails because many cameras are connected to Wifi and the bandwidth is not enough. I have a yoosee connected with RJ45, and the image works excellent, but PTZ does not work with NetCam Studio, it does work with VMS software, all with ONVIF Protocol.

I was using this form to contact you: Netcam Studio - Network Camera Surveillance Software

Maybe it’s worth checking to see what’s going on there.

Well, nothing there. Why don’t you use the support email address I recommended?

I’ll continue to share here firstly, as it seems that the email would’ve reached you. Considering that someone else also seems invested in the PTZ side of things, makes sense to share this publicly.

The attached screenshot is from the ONVIF Device Manager application. When I check the error log in Netcam Studio (after pressing a button to move the camera) this is what I get: Failed to Send PTZ Command, no configuration for profile 000.

Just to add, I can control the PTZ using the ONVIF Device Manager application.

Is this information helpful?

Thanks for info. It’s forwarded to developers.

Thanks! When was the last time this software received fixes and updates?

Please give me exact brand and model name and a link that you used above.

For the iCsee Cameras:

In the application itself, it says:

Device Version: X2-WQ-BL
Software Version: V5.00.R02.000807D5.10010.346723.0000010

Link: https://www.emag.ro/camera-supraveghere-wireless-ocvitehr-full-hd-detectie-umana-aplicatie-icsee-motion-tracking-onvif-card-128-gb-inclus-9082/pd/DMWKV5MBM/?ref=history-shopping_337609816_21647_1

I also have a slightly older version of the same sort of camera (identical outside, different guts).

Device Version: R80X20-PQ
Software Version: V5.00.R02.00030695.10010.344506.0000000

YooSee cameras:

I’m not using them now, but considering the issue is the same for both, this is the only info that I have:

Link: https://www.emag.ro/camera-de-supraveghere-wifi-2mp-1080p-full-hd-rezistenta-la-apa-comunicare-bidirectionala-senzor-miscare-activare-lumina-alb-yq-204/pd/D4VKZPMBM/?ref=history-shopping_323597009_68022_1

Firmware Version: 33.0.25.

I’m only interested in the iCsee cameras at this point.

1 Like