I’m running the NCS Server (v 18.104.22.168) on Windows 10-Pro with 8GB RAM. I use 16 cameras and this is a special purpose PC (i.e. the PC is only used for NCS).
I’ve used this setup for years with no problems.
In the last 2 months NCS crashes after about 10-15 hours of operation. I see that the RAM used starts at about 2.8GB and climbs slowly (about 0.5 GB per hour) until the application crashes.
What I’ve tried:
- I’ve changed server encoding and decoding setting - no change, problem persists at the same rate.
- I’ve shutdown motion detection on all the cameras - no change.
- I did a complete NCS uninstall, scoured the Registry for NCS detritus, and a “complete” reinstall, camera setup (all 16) and the problem persists - no change.
- I searched the forum but couldn’t find any answers (except Henrik’s recommendation re. decoding buffer size (#1 above).
- I’ve written this new topic.
Thank you for your attention.