Rebooting server lost settings

Henrik,
the webpage says

• “Receive free upgrades during 1 year” and
  • “You are eligible for free upgrades including major versions during 1 year following your purchase.”.

If this is not true, please amend these and please don’t blame me.
If there is no (short) time limit for updates I will buy the software.
Thank you for your kind advice, but I don’t want any other software because this is best for my needs.
But after all I think shorter time between updates would be better (see this half year old(!) thread, this bug is very annoying I have to check every day an unattended system).

Hi guys,
I am running and testing NCS version 1.8 just now so well before next Eastern I hope :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
Is there any news about the new version?

Yes, news is that it´s under test and evaluation.

Excellent news. I can wait until then. Keep at it, Henrik!

Dear Henrik,
Could you publish the new build?
If you can’t do that then could you explain to me how can I be sure about settings were saved and persistent?
I had to recreate 12 rules which gone since last week…

We are on the way to finalize testing of the new version, but it will be another week.
However, interesting for me is how actually this can happen. What you say is that you create rules and without restart, reboot or whatever else and the computer and NCS runs with no interruption the rules are gone?
Can you please describe what rules you create so I can setup them here on my system.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I didn’t said the PC was uninterrupted.
Last week I tried to integrate NCS into Hass.io (Home Assistant) as motion detector via HA’s web services. Therefore I created some rules to call an alarm.cmd if a motion is started or ended.

PC has been restarted at least 2-3 times since that.

Today I would like to contine my work but the rules are missing.

Feature suggestion:

• Duplicate this rule (in order of create similar rules easily)
  • The “Eventtype” is shown in Rule Manager table, “Event source” should be shown too. If I have a lot of rules overview was easy.
  • The %sourceId should be evaluated and passed to called app. Without this I can’t use "motionStart on any source call ‘alarm.cmd %sourceId on’ " because I can’t tell which camera has been activated. I have to create a rule for every single camera to call “alarm.cmd 1 on”, “alarm.cmd 2 on” and so on.

Please correct me If I’m wrong.

Thanks.
For the “lost Rules”. When you have created the Rules and they are Enabled go to Settings and click on the save icon.
Now Rules or changes in Rules are saved immediately on disk.
Can you please keep an eye on this and report back how it goes.
As for the suggested Features I will be back.
Thanks,
-Henrik

I am still having this issue. Added four new sources, configured their motion detection zones, set up all the other features, and then a few days later had a server reboot because of an OS update.

On review, all source settings were reset. No timelapse, no motion detection, no zones.

Please can you either give an estimate when this might be resolved, or an appropriate work around. Thanks!

Found this interesting info Redirecting

That applies to Windows 10. This is running on Windows Server 2016 Essentials. These options are not available.

Any ETA on the fix for this issue from 2019?

1 Like

Which version NCS do you use?

I am using 1.9.5, generally update when a new release is available.