This version of Netcam Studio Free is outdated, please download a newer version or enter a license key to keep using this specific version

Buongiorno Henrik, anche io ho lo stesso problema da ieri.Se acquisto la licenza ,il software torna a funzionare??Grazie anticipatamente.
Saluti…Vincenzo

Hi Vincenzo,
Yes it will. Start Netcam Studio server. When you get the error message click on the key icon and enter the license number. Restart the program.
Thanks,
Henrik

Grazie Henrik, provvederò ad acquistare la licenza :smiley:

1 Like

How unfortunate, I am a software developer so I can criticise…

I’ve been testing the free version now for about a month, with 2 cameras, deciding if I would buy the full version for all 6 of my cameras.

3 days to get this fixed kinda makes me worry about buying the software now, I assume the app is checking an online manifest or a simple API for the current version.

Regardless of if a product is paid or free, a product-breaking bug is a priority 1 incident. If proper change management is in the process then a simple regression will fix the issue. This screams change management is not followed and thus regression is not possible.

Supporting a free version of a product is generious however, it’s give and take, the benefits you get from providing a free version is adding a huge increase in active users, which gives you more testers, more feedback, better and quicker bug reporting. Better community engagement.

2 Likes

Thanks! That got me up and running again!

Having the same problem here as well. I also was going to buy but NONE of the issues I’ve had since I installed it have been fixed. Previously reported issues with ONVIF cameras that have still not been fixed months later. Now the free version doesn’t work and the Author is screaming at the free users for not purchasing. Not about to pay for a broken program that never gets repaired.

Hi guys,
Here is the workaround from the other thread by zippydo

This is a temporary solution that may work. It did restore my test configuration…

1. Close NetCam serverx
    1. Change the system date to one month prior.
    1. Restart NetCam
    1. Change the date back to today.

As long as you don’t close the application, it appears to operate…

Again, this is not a fix… just a temporary workaround that appears to work on my test bed…

I hope the new release eill be in place soon. In the meantime use the above workaround.

6 Likes

It Works, Thanks ---------------------------------------------------

Just to add to the number of users who have this problem. I’ve been struggling for days now and tried a host of other webcam streaming programs. None are as good as Netcam and I can’t wait to be able to use it again. Good luck sorting the bug.

1 Like

Thanks Henrik, that temporary time fix works fine.
Look forward to the new release when you are ready to release :slight_smile:

Runing it with RunAsDate works too

Image 1

2 Likes

Very unprofessional comment here Henrik, some of us have the paid version, and use the free version to send Video to the paid version, paid quite a bit of money, and for you to say this leave bad taste, these kinda comments would deter me from bying a licence with you if i was evaluating, take this advise from another IT professional

I am on a paid version - works fine for me.

I would like to see version 2.0 which was expected a couple of years ago.

As a user of the free version we all accept the Netcam Studio logo in our videofiles and no more then 2 camera’s.
But WHY there is a limited time to use Netcam Studio ?
Looks more like a shareware version and not a free version.
People are forced to buy a license or else it wont work.
Don’t misunderstand me but not everyone has the money to buy a license.
I already found out to use RunAsDate even before it was posted here, but that is not how i want to use it.

This got me up and running again!

I have 2 pc running the free version feeding the paid version on the pc serving on my website.

Thanks, waiting for the fix!

1 Like

Henric, Do you have any estimate at all when you’ll have a new version. It’s already been over 10 days since this was reported. Sad the last update according to the changelog was 2015. No wonder nothing’s been fixed and/or updated. You should also take down the ability to download the free version as nothing worse than downloading a program to try and it won’t even run the first time. Very poor support. Free or not. I’d be happy to pay the $49 but bugs that have been reported for months haven’t even been looked at.

Hi,
Just for information, the date 2015 is the creation date of the topic for the first time.
A version 1.9.5 is under test any will be out within a week I hope.
-Henrik

1 Like

See 1.9.5 is up on the download site now.
Assume its ok to install over the 1.9.2 version?

Edit:
See it is up now and post announcing it.
Installed it now and all ok.
Thanks.

1 Like